Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

JP AR Tension Pin or Alternative

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Bringsteen on topic Re: JP AR Tension Pin or Alternative

It's possible, but unlikely. The expanding pin is made by a series of male-and-female sleeves, over a smaller center pin. Each of those freely-spinning sleeves would have to be machined down. But I don't think that the female sleeves are thick enough to remove more than .01". But I would need .03" removed.

It's a good suggestion. Thank you.
12 years 9 months ago #8343

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Re: JP AR Tension Pin or Alternative

I wonder if the manufacturer has other sizes that are not advertised on McMaster-Carr web site. I've found sometimes that other options are avaialble than what is listed on a web site.

Jer
12 years 8 months ago #8370

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Bringsteen on topic Re: JP AR Tension Pin or Alternative

I sent an email to the manufacturer, Monogram Aerospace Fasteners. They told me that "This isn't a catalog size and would have to be specially designed." They were willing to custom make it for me, but of course we wouldn't be talking about $100. To have a one-off expanding pin made my an aerospace company could very well cost as much as my rifle.

I did just get my Vibra-Tite VC-Threadmate adjustable threadlocker. Hopefully it will do the trick. I'll post my results next week.
12 years 8 months ago #8371

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!