Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

The Burris XTS-135

• Thank you received: 102

The Burris XTS-135 was created by BUILDING MY SASS

Well I recieved my new sight today, The Burris XTS-135 . Granted it is not an AimPoint, but from the research I have done I think this will suffice for the time.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Here is the info I have got from Burris on the sight and whether it would stand up to the the AR-10....

"That particular scope was specifically designed for AR-10 use. It will do fine on your firearm."

Best Regards,
Joshua Lawley
Burris Technical Support
Email: customerservice@burr??isoptics.com

Some technical data I have compiled.....
Water depth......5 meters.....good enough for me...
Max cold temp.......+14, ok that is not so hot, for me given the time of year.
Max heat......+122, that will work. I am not planning any trips to Death Valley.
The Impact rating is up to 700 Gs......equal to the recoil of a 375 Wetherby Magnum, so recoil should not be an issue.

I am planing to do a full review of it, including a 100 round field test, which will goes as follows....

20 rounds of controlled firing....
60 to 70 rnds rapid fire.....
and the Last 10 to 20 will be a """"surprise""""

As I said, it is not an AimPoint (if I had the Money, I would have one) but if it does as Burris say it will do, I think it will be a good alternative for those that can not afford the "High End" optics, and for the average shooter..
Will post my findings and videos when completed..
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by adminv15. Reason: added link to optic at Impact Guns
14 years 4 months ago #2473

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Dont_Tread_On_Me on topic Re:The Burris XTS-135

I'm looking forward to seeing your review. I'm not very happy with my Bushnell Trophy even being on my .22 let alone an AR.
14 years 4 months ago #2482

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:The Burris XTS-135

OH man am I glad to hear someone else talk about their trophy. I have tried to get ahold of Bushnell, NO JOY. For one of the larger companies, their customer service SUCKS...I spent 2 hours out of 4 calls to them on hold...and no e-mail address for comments or questions. They are about to be put on the chopping block.....
As for my review, I have the first set of videos done, the installation is complete, now, weather permitting, I can get out and give it a once over....about a 100 times...LOL
I will be posting the first set tonight after uploading them to Youtube....
So far I have to say I am happy with it...so far.
If there is any info you want, let me know and I will try to get you the answers....
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 4 months ago #2483

Yeah, I've tried contacting them as well. The only product from Bushnell I've had success with is a 3-9x50 Banner scope that's lasted about 10 years.

The customer service issue REALLY makes me glad that I went with a Sightron instead of a Bushnell Elite last spring.
14 years 4 months ago #2490

Just watched the first videos about that Burris XTS. So far, that thing looks pretty good. Much better quality than my damned Bushnell. Looking forward to that range report.
14 years 4 months ago #2510

For those who don't know, he has a subscription to my channel.

Well here is the first set of videos, not to much but info and install. Will get the rest up in a day or so...

Have to finish uploading the rest....Make Popcorn..
BMS

14 years 4 months ago #2514

Well my friends, here is the "Range Report" on the XTS-135.
I have to say it worked great.....

and my final review....as I said, a nice piece of equipment.

Hope you all enjoyed this....sorry about the audio, I had a problem with the windows on my truck....
BMS

Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 4 months ago #2525

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by RandR on topic Re:The Burris XTS-135

Great video's! My hats off to you for your effort. But dude the rest of your basement is a mess, (just kidding). You brought up something I had difficulty with when I was mounting my Nightforce Scope. When your scope covers the entire picatiny rail how do level the rifle to align the scope? I could not find any precision surface to work from. I like your set up! Keep up the good work. Bob.
14 years 4 months ago #2526

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by adminv15 on topic Re:The Burris XTS-135

Just finished watching the videos! AWESOME Content! Thanks for taking the time to share with all of us
14 years 4 months ago #2527

RandR, if you can post a picture of your rifle, I would be glad to help you with it....and thanks for the compliments.

BMS

14 years 4 months ago #2533

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!