Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

The Burris XTS-135

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:The Burris XTS-135

Glad you liked them "Boss"...LOL. I have another one or two in the planning process. If anyone would like to see more of them....here is the link to the channel.

www.youtube.com/user/ETHRON1

Thanks again and I am glad you all enjoyed it....

BUILDING MY SASS....
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 4 months ago #2534

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by RandR on topic Re:The Burris XTS-135

Check out the heading "Finished Assembly" on page 2 of "Recent Discussions" its not a great pic. I will post a better one asap. Thanks, Bob.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by RandR.
14 years 4 months ago #2540

RandR, have company the next few days, as most do, I hope. I will post in your thread in the next day or so....I see two places to place the level, maybe three. Need a good side view to be sure....might have some other suggestions for you as well.....

Merry Christmas to everyone out there....

BUILDING MY SASS.....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 4 months ago #2543

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by jon on topic Re:The Burris XTS-135

Ive had mine for a couple of years now, it still works great the only thing i dont like is dot is not a true dot looks more like a grape cluster. Dot covers target at long ranges but a zombie size target out to 100 yds is one dead zombie and close range shoots the middle out of 4 in clay no problem for the money its great.
14 years 4 months ago #2644

Replied by Milspec on topic Re:The Burris XTS-135

Darn...my favorite Army buddy gave me one of those Bushnell Trophy AGOG clones for Xmas. It's still in the box so maybe I can get it swapped for a Burris. What's wrong with the Trophy...in case I'm asked?

Milspec
US Army Ordnance Corps (Retired)
14 years 4 months ago #2648

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by RandR on topic Re:The Burris XTS-135

Boy, I must be losing it I thought I had posted a better side view for you. But it ain't here! So, I got this get up while at Cabela's. I will let you know if it works!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests.

Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by RandR.
14 years 4 months ago #2651

This message has attachments images.

Milspec, hey buddy good to hear from you again. On the ACOG trophy clone, I honestly don't know, I couldn't get ahold of anyone at bushnell to ask them about it to see what it is rated for. The trophy I was using seem to have some windage issues, like it won't hold it through a rapid fire or take a good bump, it would knock it off almost every time...They say it was rated for a pistol and or shot gun, but it did not hold up as well as I had hoped. That is what I get for under a $100 bucks. I would say, not to offend your friend, see if you could sell it to someone or take it to someplace you know would work you a deal....who knows it might work for a AR-15, but I wouldn't trust it on your 10, for very long anyway....just my two cents.

14 years 4 months ago #2664

Jon, I know what you mean on the dot, wish it was a 3 MOA but hey as you said it will work for Zombies and such. Best out so far with mine was 50 yards, might try something in the spring....to dam cold to shoot now.
I also found with mine, try adjusting your settings down, the brighter it is the more it seems distorted, but it is not. I used it on 7 when I shot the videos, and it looked great....
BMS

14 years 4 months ago #2665

RR I will be interested on how it works, for the bore sighter I use a chamber laser bore sighter, It seems to work better. If I may my friend, I think you should look into one of those US optics set ups, given the way you have your scope and all, I think it would work better for you, and like I said you can leave it on if you want to..

14 years 4 months ago #2666

Replied by Milspec on topic Re:The Burris XTS-135

Hi BMS...good to hear from you too! My new Bushnell Trophy box says it's for a Handgun/Shotgun, but the order form says it's a rifle scope. Funny, there's only one part number that I can find for any of those scopes...wonder why the boxes have different markings? I'll see if the company can explain the difference or maybe trade it for another scope. Thanks buddy... :)

Edit: I got curious and mounted the Bushnell Trophy ACOG sight (used a laser bore-sight cartridge). It doesn't line up well with the front sight...drives me nuts seeing it off to the left. I'm definitely going return it in trade for a Burris. I'll post back when it comes in.

Milspec
US Army Ordnance Corps (Retired)
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Milspec.
14 years 4 months ago #2671

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!