Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Newbie trying to build 1

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Newbie trying to build 1

It is the Silencer Shop literally www.silencershop.com/
SBR= Short Barreled Rifle
I saw the back round in the photo and though of San Antonio.
The following user(s) said Thank You: txhollowpoints
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Libertarian623.
9 years 4 months ago #43800

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by txhollowpoints on topic Newbie trying to build 1

Man I sure do appreciate all this information I'm gonna give em a call after Christmas and see what all I need to bring with me and go up there and make some new friends:) thank y'all so much for y'all's help I appreciate it
9 years 4 months ago #43804

Keep us updated , we like to hear about these type of builds . There will be a little hitch here or a question there. We have a lot of members with different set ups and I am sure you will find help here if you ask. Sounds like the feral hogs in your area ought to move someplace else before your done.
9 years 4 months ago #43805

Lol I ain't that good of a shot yet so they ain't gotta worry for awhile! Just ordered the burris fullfield ii 6.5x-20x-50mm hoping it will handle the recoil! The dpms should be in around New Years at my local gun shop and just got off the phone with the guys from the silencer shop in Austin VERY VERY VERY VERY helpful and they treated me like I was there only customer they told me to buy the silencer first rather it be from them or whoever and bring it up to there shop and they will help me fill out the form they said u gotta have the silencer so u can write down the serial number or some number stamped on it to show u own it, and ur just registering that exact silencer but with that kind of customer service I have to buy from them! So gonna make a trip up there after the holidays and buy everything there and the said they will thread the barrel or whatever they do no charge just bring them the gun
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51, Libertarian623
9 years 4 months ago #43810

That's awesome news Tex, good customer services pays off.
9 years 4 months ago #43817

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Newbie trying to build 1

Welcome to the forum Tex.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 4 months ago #43820

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Newbie trying to build 1

The DPMS and Armalite are really 2 different guns, while there is some interchangeability there is also parts that are not. I would pick either platform and stay with that. Nothing wrong with either one.

As for scopes: They come in lots of different flavors. The low cost stuff out of China has made major leaps in quality and features and the cost is still very low. $300 buys a LOT of scope and I can buy 4 of them for the cost of my Trijicon.

So which one do you pick? To answer that question you have to understand WHY you pay that kind of money of for a Trijicon ACOG:

Its a Mil-Spec item, its issued brand new to Pfc Ziggy Belcher, who drags it thru 3 mos of hard training, then he ships with it and the unit to some stinking country on the other side of the world, he does this twice over a period of 2 years. He leaves the Army and his M4 and ACOG behind, but Pfc LiL Johnny Blowhard gets issued that M4 w/ACOG, he does 3 mos hard training and he and unit heads out to some stinkin jungle on the other side of the world and this cycle gets repeated and repeated and repeated again, till that M4 shoots more sideways than straight and that ACOG sight picture is so fuzzy its like looking underwater.

That $300 scope will never make it out of basic training and therein lies the key difference. So its your call to make, you can buy 4 or you can buy 1. And of course there is resale, I can always sell my ACOG for a good chunk of money close to what I paid for it, the other scope, not so much.

FYI: in my inventory I own an ACOG and I also own some inexpensive China scopes, which I bought before I saved up the coin for that ACOG...

Let us know what you do and chose...
9 years 4 months ago #43847

I understand what ur saying! So u think just save up for a night force or a zeiss?
9 years 4 months ago #43848

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Newbie trying to build 1

I would go find yourself a decent scope made in china, lots of good value out there in the $100 buck range. Let that be your throw-down scope, now pick out a good quality scope for your use later on. It gonna cost, prob a $1000 or more, but that takes some savings time to make that leap, in the interim you got a good cheap scope and if it goes down you have not lost a bundle.
9 years 4 months ago #43854

Man that's an awesome idea. Olecowbowy what part of texas u from?
9 years 4 months ago #43856

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!