Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Newbie trying to build 1

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Newbie trying to build 1

Down here in S Texas and I live in the Biblical zone of Texas for those who study the Bible...the book of Luke speaks of the Hill Country and thru the Bible there are refs to the holy land, land of milk and honey and the promised land. Well that is Texas, the Hill Country.
9 years 4 months ago #43863

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by txhollowpoints on topic Newbie trying to build 1

AMEN TO THAT! use to have a huntin lease in bandera and rock springs pretty country tuff on a horse! I live down in south texas as well bout 40 miles south of San Antonio
9 years 4 months ago #43867

I was down that way while back hunting on a ranch that a friend wanted cleaned up of hogs. We rode around about 1/2 the day and did not see a single hog, so I told them to go park the ATV's in some shade and listen for my gun. I can track very well. I spent the rest of the day tracking running trails, wallows, bed downs etc, LOTS of hog action but not a single hog on the ground. Then I came to to heavy thicket full of thorns, wow, looked like hog city in there but no hogs...kept on pushing and got to the fence line, could have driven a truck thru it. It was only accessible from the ranch on the other side of the fence, he could not get at it or even see it.

I told him I did not flush a single hog, they have eaten his place clean and moved to the next ranch, if he wants to keep them out to fix that fence for his neighbor...
9 years 4 months ago #43869

We love runnin em with dogs I can't track to save my life but I got a Black and Tan plott hound and a catahoula that do it for me! The other day we flew a ranch in a helicopter and shot 50 with ak-47's HONESTLY THE MOST FUN YOU CAN HAVE WITH YOUR PANTS ON
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akai
9 years 4 months ago #43870

Hog from the heli, try shooting Elephants, lot of fun especially when they are hauling explosive munitions...
9 years 4 months ago #43879

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Newbie trying to build 1

Now that's one for the Yes or No game, have you ever shot an ammo bearing elephant from a helicopter???? I'd say that the yes's would be a fairly select crowd! :bow:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 4 months ago #43881

Especially when its on the Ho Chi Men trail...LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akai
9 years 4 months ago #43882

Hey guys just an update got my AR in finally! Don't no how to post pics but it is AWESOME unfortunately oilfield does not give u time off cuz u wanna shoot your gun! So have not fired a single round threw it yet! But I sure do love looking at it! My local gun store I ordered it from was telling me about the break in cycle! It's a dpms gen II 18 inch barrell iron sights still! While I was in the shop I went ahead and ordered a new buttstock with adjustable cheek and recoil pad, I believe it's made by Luth he said he had one on his ar and the only difference he could tell from the Luth and magpul was 100 dollars cheaper so I'm giving it a try! I submitted my form 4 to the ATF a week ago so gonna be anxiously waiting for that day! Almost bought a leupold 6x12x50 luminaries scope today but I figured I didn't want my wife to kill me so I'm holding off on it! Thinking about shooting 175grain smks I hear there pretty good.
9 years 3 months ago #44115

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Newbie trying to build 1

I have heard a lot of good about Luth stocks. Armalite is going to start putting them on their rifles. That is a sweet buy Tex HP. Try 175 and 168 SMK's along with some other weights and manufacturers and see what shoots best in your rfle. Look forward to a range report!
:thumbs:
9 years 3 months ago #44116

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Newbie trying to build 1

Good to hear your making progress. Yes I know how you feel when referencing the wifes reactions to purchases. I actually started a second company , that I consistently tell her is not making any money. Just to support my hobbies. It gets real expensive fast.
9 years 3 months ago #44118

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!