Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

Its YOUR Air Force

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Scorobe2916 on topic Its YOUR Air Force

Sorry I need to vacate this debate, not really what I am into debating about.

10 years 8 months ago #27854

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Its YOUR Air Force

Not MY Air Force,.....personally I'm a bit pissed off at the title of this thread.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 8 months ago #27855

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Its YOUR Air Force

Good point and I apologize for my joke, by the way. Your Air Force has a reputation and history second to none. Without them,the Cold War would have went the other way, not to mention WWII. Let's hope that pride continues, no matter who wears the uniform.
10 years 8 months ago #27860

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Its YOUR Air Force

It's all about weakening our military. Plain and simple, crippling America is what it has always been about. Military research is where the physical, metal, and MORAL standards came from. This is what it takes to have a strong Army, this is what we need to look for in fighter pilots, this is who we want to captain ships, and so on.

Sadly, there is no way to openly discuss these matters without being called sexist/racists/whateverists. Lowering the standards for females is a good example. It does not mean I have a problem with females serving, it does mean I think they should be trained at the exact same standards as everyone else, because those are the standards, the minimum standards for a trained warfighter. To be trained less, is to be less.

The standards go far beyond the physical and mental, and include the moral as much as any other standard. Want to fix the crime problem in the barracks? Stop gauging worth with a magic equality rainbow of fairness and understanding, and start enforcing the standards of good, strong, people with their heads on straight.
I did my share of CQ & staff duty and knocked a few heads on Friday nights. It was the same, "should have been in jail but hey its a war" dirtbags every time. I hated that they were in MY Army, but I couldn't do anything about it. Human fallibility is inescapable. There will always be bad apples in every organization. Forcing the indifference of the good apples, under the guise of equality, is not going to solve anything.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OleCowboy
10 years 8 months ago #27866

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Its YOUR Air Force

Your comment had nothing to do with it. The OP decided upon the title of the thread.
This and the lack of support from the Administration following purchasing a Life Membership had left me a bit pissed off. I know it's only a comment and a t-shirt, but it is the idea behind both.

One is simply calling out all Air Force members, the other simply forgot his obligations to those that lined his pocket with cash. Shit like this boils my blood! :censored:
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 8 months ago #27935

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Its YOUR Air Force

This is in response to a PM I received from FAA a few moments ago

Thursday, 15 August 2013 15:12
My friend, if you were offended then please allow me to apologize to you. You are really taking this out of context. I have not ever been in the AF and when I posted I posted for those who are in or former. Were things different I might have posted Your Navy OR MY Army. My point was this is not something that should be condoned in any setting be it military or corp.

Please don't keep your mouth shut with me, I am open to anything you have say. Its not my intention to offend anyone, but rather its to cause thinking about current topics that in many cases are close to us. My father spent nearly 30 years in the Air Force (well not really, he went into the Army, there was no Air Force, then into the Army AIr Corp prior to WWII and into the AF when they became their own service. I grew up as an AF 'brat' and have almost as much identification with it as I do my Army career.

Again, very sorry if you took it the wrong way, my only comment on that is you should have contacted me ASAP and not wait so long. Again, I was not speaking to individual actions, but rather the actions of the command structure, which has sold out the soldiers and done nothing but bend over backwards to current political correctness. I wonder if Patton, Halsey, LeMay (who was a very frequent visitor to our home) or Schwarzkopf would say over these kind of displays in todays military? I wonder if they think this would add to the professionalism and esprit de corp or make us a better fighting force.

Finally, I am saddened you did not see it as intended and for that I am sorry, next time fire off a PM instantly and I assure you I will address your concerns.

PS: I tried to get in the AF when I grad from ROTC, but at that time the AF was only taking pilots and navigators and I was not able to pass the physical due to depth perception issues. I had already passed all the written tests but they were not granting waivers at that time.
10 years 8 months ago #27940

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!