Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

ReLoading 101

• Thank you received: 102

ReLoading 101 was created by BUILDING MY SASS

Ok, now starts the long list of questions......(smiley)

For you veterans of the reloading world what is your view on Remington primers.....my local gun shop got some in, and I was wondering about them. I have heard, so far, CCI, Winchester, and Wolf, some have talked about Federal Match.
Anyway, Remington is what I have at hand.....any thought or comments.......
Thanks..
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 5 months ago #2193

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Edge on topic Re:ReLoading 101

At this point, if that's all you have access to, you better grab them. Primers are still somewhat hard to find or are selling at a premium. It's getting better, but we still have a ways to go. There's one shop here in town that has them, but wants $6 per 100 for them. Needless to say, they don't get my business anymore!

I've also heard that ATK just signed their biggest contract ever with the Gubberment, so we may still be in for continued short supplies for a while.

You may find that they work great, however I've generally found that Federal Match and CCI's are the ones to use for the best accuracy.
14 years 5 months ago #2206

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:ReLoading 101

My buddy owns the primer factory out in Idehoooo and he said they will start flowing good by late spring. They supply the ammo production first and then us shooters.MSH
14 years 5 months ago #2207

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:ReLoading 101

Well that is good to hear, a light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. If you hear of anything sooner, I am really getting into this, can't wait to start.

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 5 months ago #2214

You are right on that one my friend, so I probably will pick some up, they are 4.29 per 100, I guess when you think of the extra charges involved with ordering on-line, it would be about the same. I am planning to pick up my powder and bullets tomorrow so I will get some to get started, being I am just going to be making surplus and plinking ammo to start. Like the saying goes.....one must crawl and walk before one can run....LOL. Still want to get some CCIs for high-end loading.....

14 years 5 months ago #2215

Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 5 months ago #2221

Well punched my first 40 primers yesterday and started cleaning the pockets and cases, I know "yawn" but for me it was a major accomplishment, am getting everything else in-place and going to start sizing the shells in the next day or so, I am a little nervous on setting my other dies, the universal de-capping die was easy but setting the sizing die and the bullet seating and crimping dies has me a bit on edge, so you veterans of the reloading world, PLEASE and tips on how to do this would be a big help not to mention an ease on my nerves......don't want to trash to many empties or materials in the process..........LOL.
Thanks in advance......
BMS

Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 5 months ago #2236

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:ReLoading 101

Congrats! That certainly is something to be proud of.
14 years 5 months ago #2240

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Edge on topic Re:ReLoading 101

Congratulations!

On resizing........lube is your friend!!!

If it seems to be excessively hard to resize a case, stop! Pull it back out and figure out what the problem is. Don't try to force it, otherwise you'll have a stuck case.

I like the Hornady or Dillon lube.
14 years 5 months ago #2241

Well my friend, every thing i have read says for the most part the same ting about Lube, but the Lee dies I have say you don't need to lube the cases, not sure if I trust that.
How do you know if you have the die set properly for depth, like I said, alot of basic questions I have........YES...
BMS

14 years 5 months ago #2242

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!