Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

That is a nice and informative write-up on that scope.
Too bad the mounts You got would`nt work out, so now, I`ll be watching for the range reeeport. :drool:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 11 months ago #37839

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

I have run the Burris on my AR-10. It has the proper dimensions for that scope-rifle combo there but is just not up to snuff on the quality of materials end. The latches need constant adjustment, I think the crossbolts are stretching some with use. The levers are hard to use when you have it real snug as well. A basic Armalite mount has made groups more consistent. and returned to zero better.
I ordered the primary Arms mount. If it doesn't work I'll sell it, the Armalite, and the Burris so I'll have a good start on a LaRue.....damn I want to shoot with this scope, soon!
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by jtallen83.
9 years 11 months ago #37844

Finally got the scope mounted. I can't say I'm overly impressed with the Primary arms mount, it looks to need lapping, but it put the scope where I needed it. Looks like it will be a straight up co-witness. It is fairly beefy, we'll see if it holds zero or not this weekend.

I did get a little better shot of the reticle;

LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51, Libertarian623
9 years 11 months ago #38164

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

That looks mighty nice, I like the reticle pic. also, too. :nicethread:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 11 months ago #38166

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

I have found the Bushy products to be a bit iffy. I am not sure they have a good QC system going on. You see one and say hey great, gimme one, get home with one they gave you from stock, open the box and its not quite what the demo was, your buddy who did same is in love with his. I own several of their products and overall I am satisfied but not all of them I have kept or have exchanged them.
9 years 11 months ago #38175

They have a wide range of quality for sure. It took three tries to get a good rangfinder, the laser boresight was just flat junk, but I've been really impressed with the 2.5x10 Elite 4200 on my AR-10. I'm hoping they have put the same quality into this scope. If they didn't I'll take them up on the money back deal.
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 11 months ago #38190

So far so good :pray: I got the scope zeroed and put about 150 rounds downrange this morning.Here are some of my better groups with it, Atlas bipod with no rear bag;

Best 50 yard group with SOC's 77 gr reloads.

Best 50 yard group with 77 gr. Black Hills.

100 yards with BH.

100 yards with SOC's load.

200 yards, 10 rounds of SOC's clone load on steel, about a 12-14 inch painted target and no messing around, just get'em downrange.

I learned a few things this morning, I like the scope, I need a good trigger, and I need to lay off the coffee on range days! :naughty:
I'm looking forward to getting home and trying some action shots on a couple rolling tires to see how fast I can acquire targets with the illuminated reticle. The eye box is not near as forgiving as an eotech but the reticle is very similar in appearance.
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
9 years 11 months ago #38282

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Had a blast with the at the range this morning, set up several targets from 25 yards out to 200 and practiced moving as fast as I could from one to another, worked great, hit after hit, only a couple misses at the 200 yard steel and they were within a few inches.
Gave the scope and gun a real world abuse test after the range, had a guy turn in front of while I was doing about 40 mph so the rifle flew out of the back and whacked the back of my seat pretty good. I didn't get to look at it yet as they strapped me down to gurney and hauled me off, wish I would have gotten a hard case now :pinch:
The officer on the scene was good enough to secure all the guns and ammo but by the time they released me fro the hospital he was gone, hope I can pick them up tomorrow, then if there's no obvious damage I'll see if it held zero next Sunday, if I can get a new car before then. I'm not sure how to deal with the insurance company if there is damage to any of the guns,
wonder if they have a "blue book" value for them or if I need receipts :unsure:
I'll report back on how well the scope handled the abuse, better than me I hope,
those air bags are like getting kicked by a mule! :S
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
9 years 10 months ago #39129

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

What started off a great day apparently turned to crap in a split second. Accidents are no fun and typically day 2 and 3 seem to bring out all the aches and pains. Do what the doc says and in no time you'll be back with your unit..
9 years 10 months ago #39143

Yep, one second your enjoying the smell of burnt powder, next thing you know your smelling the stink of an airbag! :sick:
I have enough pain meds and muscle relaxers stocked up to get me through the rough patch, don't have to worry about driving on them either! Luckily we have an intern working for this next week so he can drive me at work.
You're dead on about injuries taking a day or two before they show up, 22 years ago to the month I had a boom truck turn in front of me and whacked him at 70 mph. I thought I was fine so the ambulance ride was refused. Woke up the next day and couldn't move my neck at all, turns out I had broke it. I cooperated with the EMT's a little better on this one, when they rattled off the list of injured discs there weren't any new ones on the list so I'm hoping for just a regular bad day tomorrow.........
I'm anxious to see how the scope handled the blow, guess the mount could have been tweaked as well. I hope I'll have transportation to the range so I can try and repeat today's performance, I'm really liking this scope :twothumbs:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 10 months ago #39147

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!