Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

I got my newest BTR-1 version of the SMRS zeroed at 100 yards on my Armalite M15 TBN this morning. I got the same .75-1 MOA 5 shot groups as I had on the other reticle. I think I can do better from a decent bench and without the sweat running in my eyes and across my glasses. I did a mini tracking run around the corners of the 12 inch square target and it ended up right back where it should be. I know this isn't stretching it out like an honest tracking test but it was too damn hot to mess with setting it up right.
Found a nice bonus at the range, 200 empty 9mm and 300 LC 5.56 cases all gathered up in a pile ready for me to pick up :twothumbs:
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51, GRA
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by jtallen83.
8 years 8 months ago #45608

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by GRA on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

What is the difference between the BTR-1 and BTR-2?

Glad to hear this scope and weapon is that accurate. :twothumbs:

Jealous as hell over the discovery all that brass. Why can't that also happen to real nice fellers like ME ... ??? :rotfl:
8 years 8 months ago #45609

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

I do have 2 of the 4-16x44 with lens flip ups and sun shades, haven't had a chance to try them out but really look like some nice glass for the $ I usually stay with the Leaupold or Redfeild scopes and a couple Nikons also need to put the Burris on the list!
AKAI
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51
8 years 8 months ago #45611

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

The BTR-1 has a built in BDC for 55 and 62 grain 5.56 on the 6.5x setting, no windage adjustment marks except using the size of the circle. The BTR-2 has mill marks for windage and elevations that can be used for ranging and holdovers at the 6.5x setting, you just need a dope sheet with the ballistics you are using.
Of course if you get a FFP scope then the markings are good in all settings.
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51, GRA
8 years 8 months ago #45617

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!