Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

I wager the scope is OK. I have seen some abuse given to these scopes for evaluation and they really beat them a lot harder than what I could/would dish out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 10 months ago #39157

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

JT, Glad you are ok, hope all is well with your scope and car :twothumbs:
9 years 10 months ago #39171

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

Yeah J.T; good to hear that You made it through OK. How is the injuries today and did You get Your fire-arms returned to You.
I thinking they would deliver everything to You if You are unable to get to them.
Tour range report, again, is most excellent.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 10 months ago #39189

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

Thanks guys :usa:
I'm in better shape than I thought I might be. Couldn't get to my weapons today but I'm lined up to get them in the morning and clean out my car, I haven't seen it except through the windshield but word is it's all done. Luckily it wasn't my fault and the other guy has insurance so all I have to worry about is arguing over the value. Must have talked to four different "adjusters" today, they have one for every little detail and another to check if the others did their job :huh:

With some luck I'll be back at the range next Sunday, got another 250 rounds of 9mm and 5.56 that should arrive Thursday :thumbs:
Can't wait to check that zero! :woohoo:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 10 months ago #39206

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

Sorry about the loss of your car but those can be replaced. Glad to hear you're OK and on the mend JT. Hope the insurance pays off big for you!! :cheers:
9 years 10 months ago #39214

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by NAMVET1970 on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

I used the Armalite mount a few times. I ended up buying a 1/2" x 5-1/4" long picitinnay riser for one of my scopes, works just fine. The name of the company is Yankee Hill, Midway USA sells them, so does BCM.
yhm.net/scope-riser.html

Mounts to any Picatinny Rail
1/2" additional height
5.25" in length. $39
9 years 10 months ago #39264

I've used a riser like that on my AR-10 with regular rings and it worked well getting the clearance I needed. I had one that was hollow so you could use the iron sights while the scope was mounted.
The extended eye relief on this scope wouldn't let it work, I ran out of rail before I could get the scope forward enough to get the eye relief. It looks like there are only a few mounts on the market that will position these scopes properly, unless you have a rail that runs into the hand guard or an A.R.M.S. Swan sleeve. I thought about the sleeve but liked the co-witness I was getting with the scope down low plus I'm just used to the lower profile for a cheek weld that feels right to me.
I kinda miss the days when you just went and got a set of rings and they worked.... but then I kind of like having the box of extra parts around as well. Not sure why but it just feels good to sort through the extra stuff that you accumulate for these "toys" now and then. :silly:
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NightForce
9 years 10 months ago #39267

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by NAMVET1970 on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

I hear what your saying. I have 3 La Rue mounts on my AR's also. You mentioned triggers, have you checked out the hypertouch.

www.hiperfire.com/hipertouch24.html

Yes, I have lot's of extra parts in my bins too.
9 years 10 months ago #39284

I have read some reviews but I think I'll be going with a SAA-E just due to the shear volume of good reviews and recommendations, never heard a complaint.
The Hyper has me a bit concerned with all the extra stuff that makes it work, I like the reliability that Geissele is known for.
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 10 months ago #39285

I put the scope on my AR-10 today. After 6 rounds at 25 yards to get a close zero the first 10 rounds in picture 1 were hitting to the right but a few clicks and they were pretty much on center;

The last picture was 20 rounds in about a 6 inch group, both targets at my usual very rapid pace. Both are at 200 yards with RG first & FN NATO ball ammo on the last 20. I think it came through the wreck better than me! :twothumbs:
Now I can swap it back and forth with my PM400 and AR-10, the snazzy turrets make it easy to reset for a different rifle, just write down the numbers and spin them back. For 200 yards I went up 4 clicks and left only 1, I had over adjusted on the short range zero.
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by jtallen83.
9 years 10 months ago #39430

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!