Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Mil dot scopes

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Re: Mil dot scopes

Exactly! By the time I pulled all that together my target would be in the next county.

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
11 years 11 months ago #11570

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Re: Mil dot scopes

[quote="BUILDING MY SASS" post=11567go with 1/8" or 1/4"...unless you are really good or Ex military trained to use the Mill system...Mills will be harder for you than the " system...
Again...for what it's worth... :whistle:
BMS[/quote]
I got a little of the mil stuff in the Rangers, I can see why you wouldn't mix the systems, math is a drag :huh: . I've always done fine with Iowa windage, we have more wind than Kentucky :whistle:
I see now that if I want to stretch things out in the future I want something with 1/8" adjustments. Thanks to everyone for the education, fast and free! :)
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 11 months ago #11571

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Edge on topic Re: Mil dot scopes

Why would you need 1/8" adjustments for long range?

That's way too fine, unless your doing benchrest.
11 years 11 months ago #11572

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Rxdetective on topic Re: Mil dot scopes

Hi guys, I'm new here and just got an AR-10T last week. I kinda have a plan here, but wanted to see what you think. This is my first .308, but I've been a varmint hunter for a number of years now. I've been using the Burris scopes with the ballistic mildot reticles on both my 22-250 and .204 Ruger, both model 700 varmints. Those scopes work real well, especially on the 22-250 since I think Burris developed that reticle for the 22-250. Since the .204 shoots a little flatter there is only a slight difference ie. the 200 yd hash mark becomes 225, the 300yd mark becomes 350 etc.

Anyway, I really have been wanting a better scope for the .204 so I ordered a Leopold VX-III in 6.5-20X with the Varmint reticle with the plan being to mount that on the .204 and move the Burris over to the AR-10. I could just as easily put the Leopold on the AR though. At some point I'm probably going to go the Nightforce route, but for now I'm wondering what you guys think would be the best option given what I have to work with. My plans for the AR are mainly long range precision shooting, and I'm not sure how well that varmint hunter reticle will perform for that application. Then again, the Burris probably won't be ideal either. What do y'all think?

Thanks, Don
11 years 10 months ago #11842

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!