Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

New rifle being built

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic New rifle being built

Bingo, you nailed it...
9 years 10 months ago #40453

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic New rifle being built

Whoa! Right out of the box! I really want to see what it will do when you start ranging out to say, 500-700 yards.
9 years 10 months ago #40456

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic New rifle being built

All the way around a very nice unit. :cheers: :clap:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 10 months ago #40466

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic New rifle being built

And that's what she said!! :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :rotfl:
9 years 10 months ago #40469

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by txlongshotb4 on topic New rifle being built

I loaded up some of the Lapua 144 grain bullets I had mentioned previously. I put ten of them together with 35.5 grains of R-15...probably going to be too light, but I couldn't find much data for standard pressures for that bullet and I would rather be safe than sorry. I am gong to be at the range this weekend helping with a course-hopefully I will be able to get time to test them. I am looking for a heavy load (139 grain and up) that I can push at around 2800 fps or higher. If I can hit that mark and be accurate, it will be a killer long range load... then I will start shooting for distance. I think that powder selection is going to play the main role in that show. I went with RE-15 because of all of the powders that I have on hand, that is the one that gives me the most velocity with the least charge weight- these bullets are LONG and I don't like to compress loads if I can avoid it...Any suggestions on powder selection?

Vortex Optics hosts a shooting competition every year called the Vortex Extreme- link follows;

www.vortexoptics.com/content/vortex_extreme

It is a 7 mile course through the mountains of Utah. This course must be navigated on foot, and there are shooting stations at various intervals-all of which are long range. It is a two-man team event, and the team must carry everything with them. It will be conducted in August this year, and it is always during the hot Summer months. The scoring is based off of both the raw shooting score per team, as well as the time it takes the team-so it is a hustle from start to finish.

I wont have time to get ready this year, but I am hopeful that by next year I will have this rifle doped and the load worked out. I have a friend who was also a sniper, and we ar going to do this competition. Given the talent that routinely shows up for these events, the odds that we will win are slim, but you never know...none the less, the bragging rights that come from simply finishing a course like this are good enough, and the training value is something that you just can't get everyday-at least not here in Texas.
9 years 10 months ago #40677

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic New rifle being built

Congrats on commissioning a new rifle to be built.
However, seems many have so quickly forgotten how the founder of this company contributed funds to Obamma's campaign. For this, the company is forever on my "no buy" list.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
9 years 10 months ago #40682

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by txlongshotb4 on topic New rifle being built

"congrats on commissioning a new rifle to be built.
However, seems many have so quickly forgotten how the founder of this company contributed funds to Obamma's campaign. For this, the company is forever on my "no buy" list."

This is something that I certainly was not aware of, and would have had a huge impact on my decision.
9 years 10 months ago #40684

Wrenchbender, do you have any references for that? Sometimes these things get convoluted, and at one time, when he was originally trying to get elected, Obama was saying all the right words about respecting gun rights. Based on what he said about gun rights, contributing to him back in 2008, would be different than doing so in 2012. Like any politician, he will change what he stands for if it means votes, and even the best people can be duped. I would like to know more about this, that is for sure.
Longshot; that Utah competition sounds like the ultimate test outside the military. Something you could tell your grand kids about. Have you taken a look at Berger hybrids for that rifle? I don't even know if they make them in that caliber. My LGS guy who won the Palma Trophy last year swears by them.
9 years 10 months ago #40685

Here is the answer. The CEO was canned by the company board in 2008 for supporting Obama. IMO I would not hold it against the company if he has been gone for 6 years.

usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politics/el...gun-ceo-ousted_N.htm
9 years 10 months ago #40686

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic New rifle being built

He left the company in 2008, its now 6 years into Obama, would love to ask him how its working out for him.
9 years 10 months ago #40688

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!