Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

:whip: Lots to do today. Weed eat, mow, installing new sprinkler heads and new shocks are here for the 88 Buick. :whip:
:whip: Get to going before it warms too much. :whip:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
and now, for the weather.

Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
7 years 9 months ago #47648

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

A nice show of lightening last night, about a half inch of rain here in the valley.
almost done installing new sure pop sprinkler heads, then, new shocks on the 88 Buick and exchange the wore out ones for credit to My account.
Still moving sand out of the well through two free flowing garden hoses, sand is getting less and less. I will be able to test the new heads after today. Keeping the sand filter cleaned out is becoming a hassle. :whip: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: But, I will prevail. The well cleaner guy came over and there was only about a foot of sand in the 6" well casing this time. It is getting close, very close to being a clean well.
Here is for todays forecast. Screen shot taken earlier this morning.

7 years 9 months ago #47651

7 years 9 months ago #47652

It is beginning to look a lot like summer over here again.
How`s everyone doing ?

7 years 9 months ago #47653

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

I'm working near Blowing Rock NC today, 77 degrees partly cloudy with a 10mph breeze. I'm laughing at all the people complaining about how hot it is!
It might get into the lower 80's, beats the hell out of summer in Mississippi!
LIBERTY FIRST!
7 years 9 months ago #47654

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

A week ago we got between 9 and 12 inches of rain. Two people died, one was swept out of a marina when the creek that fed into the marina went up 15 feet. Another fellow was not found until the waters subsided and they saw the top of his car. Tens of millions of dollars damage in the area. Now we are going to get hot. High of 98 by Thursday. I will be dragging down the two window mount air conditioners tomorrow.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Siscowet.
7 years 9 months ago #47656

Last summer, in Alaska, I got acclimated, last of July or first of August, it got about eighty degrees, I was a hurtin unit. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Oh My, did not hear about that storm. Strange days indeed.
I am thankful that the house has central HVAC. I have a window A/C unit in the garage, mounted high in the wall, keeps it nice in here too. I leave it up year round.
Yesterdays paper shoes the record high and low. 1993 was 46* and in 1998 it got to 106. Not the highest record setter though, 1940 something was 113. The weather station is on top of Yellowstone Hill, about a mile away, it is always warmer in the valley, I have seen two thermometer reading 115, also have seen it 47 below in the winter. I call it the land of extremes. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Today, 102.

Another warmish day.
7 years 9 months ago #47658

Got the impact sprinklers trenched in, filling the trench`ll be tomorrow mornings chore.
Cut six of those smaller popups out of a circuit as the impacts will cover where those were.
I got water now, everything working as it should with the 3/4 horse pump.
I will probably post in the weather thread tomorrow, My usual of course. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Wanted to get those sprinklers in and adjusted before it warmed up so I was AOL this morning. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Here is the impacts in action. I need to move that fireplace though.

7 years 9 months ago #47660

Hurting too much to sleep any longer. I am glad that the watering system is almost finished. Just fill in the trench, spread some grass seed then, get ready to refinish that Enfield. I think if I get out there and shove the dirt into the trench that I`ll warm up and not be hurting so much.
I really need to get to working out again, quit smoking too, get back into somewhat of a condition of My former self.
Here is for today. Tomorrow is suppose to be back over 100, 104 I believe it said.

7 years 9 months ago #47662

A friend started this project about 12 years ago. He is a home interior decoration guy. I needed My ceilings textured and painted, He needed mechanical restorations on the car, a deal was sreuck and now He is just getting His car finished and on the road.
I helped Him the other day to get the doors adjusted.
It is a 1953 Ford Custom Liner Victoria, 50th Anniversary edition.

Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by MrMarty51.
7 years 9 months ago #47663

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!