Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

I am living a dream that I never thought would ever happen.
Back in the seventies, I had a job in Alaska but, the first ex~wife, she did`nt want to move so far away from Her Mom and Dad, Mom and Dad did`nt want Her to move so far away too. I passed that opportunity by.
I always had a hankering to go to Alaska then, about nine years ago, My youngest son moved there.
This will be My fourth journey over there, each trip to Alaska seems to get a little longer. That is why I quit buying the return to home tickets, Might be someday, I will decide to just stay there or, get things set up so that I have a place there to go to. The kids I know enjoy Me coming over there and, they don`t mind My lengthy stays. Whenever I get the chance, I hook onto their little camper and take off, do some berry picking, fishing and a little gold panning. I live it all while I am there. OH YEAH, even ice fishing. :drool: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
You guys be safe too. I will try checking in once in a while.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
8 years 8 months ago #45674

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

Marty have yourself a great trip! Weather here has been nice, see picture.
8 years 8 months ago #45677

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

Finally some cooler temperatures and lower humidity have spread into the mid-atlantic area!

Going to sleep with the windows open tonight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GRA
8 years 8 months ago #45731

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by GRA on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

Nothing but a bunch of rain here with the two hurricanes in the Gulf area. Temperatures have cooled but everyone here knows it's only temporary. Once the rain passes it will be hot and humid again (and with mosquitos).
8 years 8 months ago #45732

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

It's been a very nice August here in Iowa, mostly mid 80's for highs and even mid 70's these last few days. Actually been feeling like fall in the mornings with temps in the mid 40's. All in all a great summer for me to be working near home....but hard on the ammo stash!
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 8 months ago #45733

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

I thank all that have been posting in this thread.
I am still in Alaska and do not plan on returning to home anytime soon, probably be a month, maybe two, before i return to the lower 48.
I will try to post a couple of pics but, no real guarantee that it will all work from this smarty~pants phone. LOL hanging onto this and typing, to Me, is painfull to the hands and painfully slow too. LOL
Nope, I can not seem to be able to get these attachments to stick, just a couple of pics. Of some fishes and other oddities that most people never heard of nor seen.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by MrMarty51.
8 years 8 months ago #45742

OH, the weather. LOL
Has been just absolutely Beautimous. Lows of mornings in the 40s and the daytimes of the. Upper 50s to the mid/upper 60s with a little rain on occassion, like yesterday.
All iin all, very nice.
This week is the State Fair over in Palmer. About fifteen miles away, see some of the worlds largest vegetables and the midway shows too.
Moose hunt is coming in a couple of weeks, be hunting with the son and the eldest grand child..
Pics will follow, after I get home.
Stay safe and haave fun
8 years 8 months ago #45743

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

First week of September and we hit mid 90's with a good bit of humidity. figures since I had to start following the asphalt paver all day, nothing like walking across 200 degree sticky shit all day but then I shouldn't complain too much as all I do is point and grumble ;)
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 7 months ago #45846

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

This was my day. Nice boat ride, but no fish.
8 years 7 months ago #45848

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

What a fantastic weekend, mid 60's, no wind, sunshine, biting bugs are gone, and the range was empty of people and full of free brass!
May I have another please! :pray:
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Siscowet
8 years 6 months ago #46087

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!