Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

First post: AR 10's .... Deja Vu all over again!

• a Guest
  • a Guest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

First post: AR 10's .... Deja Vu all over again! was created by a Guest

Back in the mid 1980s, I was a Canadian gun smith and I rebuilt dozens of the beat up military surplus GENUINE Portuguese and Sudanese AR 10s for resale. These were the original Dutch built AR 10s, converted to semi auto only on import into Canada. These old original AR 10s were always my favorite semi auto "battle" rifle.

I even modified one of the Sudanese AR 10s into an early 7.62 NATO MFORGERY, optimised for CQB and for the short range stages in the old three gun matches I used to compete in. This shorty AR 10 had a chopped 18.5" barrel with a comp. I milled part of the carry handle into a Weaver rail so I could mount an early red dot along with the original irons rear sight. I also fitted AR 15 round hand guards, and ground the receiver at the back to take an AR 15 pistol grip, and built a skeletonised tubular butt stock [ the butt looked like a YHM AR 15 tube stock ].

I really enjoyed shooting my old original shorty AR 10 at matches ... the AR 10 was simply far superior to any other rifle of the time. Unfortunately, changes in Canadian law made the original AR 10 rifles into a "prohib", the AR 10 parts dried up, and I got into M14 rifles instead.

So fast forward a few decades to the present.

I had been playing around for years with many different variations of AR 15 rifles and carbines, including a couple in .300 Whisper and an RRA 16
13 years 2 months ago #6726

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!