Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Failure to Feed

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Failure to Feed

When my 10A4BF was new it would short-stroke with every round of 150gr Remington, and 168 gr Hornaday was hit or miss. Break-in and a liberal dose of LSA weapons oil got her humming with 168gr, but she still doesn't like 150gr.

I'd try something heavier, like 180gr during break in. FYI: The only hollow point I've ever got to feed right was the first one out of the mag, so we don't use 'em.

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
11 years 4 months ago #15383

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by h53mechanic on topic Failure to Feed

When you live in Texas and Obama speaks the words Gun & Control with in the same viewing session you won't find most calibers of military rifle and pistol ammo. So I have to Shoot what I get my hands on; ammo that is made in the USA and not re-manufactured. I wish I could just like go to the movie theater and order my 7.62X51 by the gross. I know most people think that is something common around here not. It is feeling lucky just to wait in line hoping that no-one else gets your ammo before you have the chance to get some. Really bad! I have some coming over the internet ordered it wont be here til JAN 19.
11 years 4 months ago #15384

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Failure to Feed

We're all with ya H53. This whole big rush caught people all over the country off guard and since money is tight for a lot of us, just jumping on the internet and buying a truckload of ammo was simply not a feasible plan so it's all hunt and peck and grab what you can when you can.

Don't feel alone Buddy. I'm right there with ya and playing the search and grab game myself. Heck, hitting the local shops is just crazy right now because even if they DO have my ammo, it's marked WAY up at the moment and I ain't payin scalper prices unless it's a damn emergency so I just keep hunting and trying to skim enough money to the side to grab as much as I can when a deal comes up.

Of course, then comes the wait for it to arrive and all but at least it's bought and on it's way..

I did find a deal on my shotgun ammo a couple of weeks ago but right now I'm still waiting for some of my .308 to come up for sale and HOPE I've got enough money to bother sending for it.

It's tough but it's all we've got right now so please, don't feel like you are the ONLY guy out there in a bind. It just ain't so bud... There's at LEAST 2 of us there... and I'm bettin a whole bunch more... :(
11 years 4 months ago #15386

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Failure to Feed

Even if you have a decent supply, you don't want touse too much of it up until you know you can replace it. I am putting a limit on how many rounds I bring with to the range for that reason.
11 years 4 months ago #15387

Some folks threw a party in my honor last August, and when they asked me what I wanted I told 'em "A brick of .22 ammo". So I've got enough .22s to qualify for arsenal status in almost any politician's eye (shhhh!). We've been doing a lot of training with the 10/22, CZ 452 and Ruger MK II lately.

I recently got a good 1200fps air rifle (it's a hoot!), and you've just reminded me that I need to get a couple or five hundred pellets for it. When tin cans are in season those things go fast!

Charlie
11 years 4 months ago #15388

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Failure to Feed

Good idea Charlie. I need to get more .22's. They are affordable and fun.
11 years 4 months ago #15392

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by h53mechanic on topic Failure to Feed

Rifle is back from my Gun Smith, he believes everything safe, and will perform normal. If we have more problems with the rifle to turn it over to him for troubleshooting and closer inspection. He recommends the milcom LW25B lube for all weapons. " It is from heaven" Red Beard said.
11 years 4 months ago #15487

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Failure to Feed

What is the full nomenclature for this oil please?
11 years 4 months ago #15499

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Failure to Feed

www.nraguncare.com/tw25b/tw25b-lubricating-light-grease
They have lots of military approved products. You can get it through the Brownells link on the site.
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 4 months ago #15500

I was curious too, so I googled this:

www.mil-comm.com/index.php?option=com_co...icle&id=61&Itemid=83

Looks like the stuff is hard to get.

About this time last year we had the same discussion, and one forum member recommended Lubriplate 130-A Grease. It's gear lube and is recommended for M1 and M14, and if I'm not mistaken you can get it at Autozone etc. It's what I'm going to use if/when I run out of LSA.

UPDATE: Oops! Looks like jtallen and I were posting at the same time.

Charlie
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Charlie.
11 years 4 months ago #15501

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!