Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Failure to Feed

• Thank you received: 25

Replied by bipe215 on topic Failure to Feed

Thanks!
11 years 3 months ago #15997

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by h53mechanic on topic Failure to Feed

Well I was able to make a large purchase of 168gr ammo today and I shot 500 rounds straight. Zero yes I said ZERO malfunctions. I figured even with the "what if factor" I would have one or two. ZERO!!! I must say My wife has gotten curious about my relationship between my rifle and I. She is feeling like a 5th wheel.
11 years 3 months ago #16367

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Failure to Feed

That's good to know! I haven't had much luck with 168gr, particularly when the rifles were new, but the 10A4BF warmed up to 'em after a couple hundred rounds. We still prefer 180gr for accuracy and long(er) range knock down.

We like to keep our ARs nice and greasy on the inside. They seem to like it too B) .

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
11 years 3 months ago #16370

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Failure to Feed

Good to read you got it handled and are now enjoying your rifle.
RLTW
11 years 3 months ago #16377

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Failure to Feed

500 rounds straight! wow! Right now it would be tough to find 500 .308/7.62x51 rounds for sale in the state I live in. :clap: Glad you got it straightened out. Know what you are saying about the wife.
11 years 3 months ago #16383

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Failure to Feed

OUTSTANDING news. You KNOW it's gotta feel good to warm that thing up proper and just KNOW you can count on it now... :thumbs:

Like a swiss watch now and nothing but shear, zombie stoppin goodness... :evil:
11 years 3 months ago #16419

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by h53mechanic on topic Failure to Feed

All day event a complete day off at the range shooting. All my magazines the rifle and I. Like a pig in @#$%! Wife was thinking I ran off and she had some questions when I got back. I found a gun shop that would order 500 rounds at a time for me before December 15th just received them February 1 so I waited my time for them. Yes it does feel good to shoot a bunch at once!
11 years 3 months ago #16652

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by milcomm1 on topic Failure to Feed

The Mil-Comm philosophy is "less is more" as the product just needs to be polished in until not visible, or use a gloss on high-friction parts or for storage.

It works submicronically. The particles actually get underneath fouling and draw it out.

It's like waxing a car, you want the final polish, not the film. minimally invasive.
11 years 2 months ago #17168

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!