Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Who builds Armalite's Barrels?

• Thank you received: 0

Who builds Armalite's Barrels? was created by moaM4

Does anyone know who makes barrels for Armalite? I hear that the 24" SS match barrels are from Lothar Walther. Any truth to this?
15 years 8 months ago #197

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:Who builds Armalite's Barrels?

From my research Armalite doesn't tend to advertise their barrel manufacturer, and they have been reported as having changed vendors from time to time based on their performance. Armalite does take accuracy seriously, and their ar-10t/SASS are good examples. They are also usually pretty decent on the phone, so it never hurts to ask them directly for info/advice.
15 years 8 months ago #199

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by moaM4 on topic Re:Who builds Armalite's Barrels?

Thanks for the information.... I'll just give them a buzz and see.... I'm thinking of an AR-10 build, but I want a seriously accurate rifle. I'm more than willing to swap out barrels to get that accuracy.

Take care,
15 years 8 months ago #202

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by AZMM on topic Re:Who builds Armalite's Barrels?

I understand they have utilized Douglas SS barrels in the past if not currently, but I could not confirm this info with a bit of searching today.

Maybe its time for a Armalite rep to make a appearence on this forum?
15 years 8 months ago #203

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:Who builds Armalite's Barrels?

My 10T has a Lother Walther barrel. When I purchased mine in 2003 there was an option for the LW barrel or the 'Armalite' barrel. Mine said right on the box that it had the Lother Walther barrel.
15 years 8 months ago #215

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!