Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× In order to post to the "For Sale" forum you must be either a Club Member, Supporting Member, Lifetime Member, or Industry Sponsor.

.308 Bushmaster upper. What's it worth?

• Thank you received: 0

.308 Bushmaster upper. What's it worth? was created by jcgodfrey

The title says it all. I recently bought my first AR-10 and the guy also sent me this upper. With the price of crap these days I don't see myself having the money to build a second rifle, so I'd like to sell it. He told me complete Bushmaster .308 upper that had NEVER been fired. As you can see it's a flat top, complete including bolt.

What would be a good price for the upper? I hope I'm not violating rules, I'm just trying to figure out what it's worth.

Thanks,

Joel

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Sharkey.
11 years 4 months ago #14849

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic .308 Bushmaster upper. What's it worth?

As long as this is not a commercial type sale Bud and strictly a one shot deal/private thing, no problem.

I don't know specifics on value of that upper but if I owned it and wanted to sell it for good money, if you don't have a friend on here or other "personal aquaintance" who wants it, I'd throw it up on Ebay. With things the way they are right now with people scrambling for anything AR, you could probably almost trade if for a new corvette... :laugh:
11 years 4 months ago #14850

Replied by jcgodfrey on topic .308 Bushmaster upper. What's it worth?

It's definitely a one-time thing! I don't make a habit of selling anything firearms related. I just don't see myself spending the coin on it anytime in the near future.

Can you sell something like this on eBay? I guess i need to familiarize myself with the legalities of doing so...

Thanks so much.
11 years 4 months ago #14851

Not really sure on the legal stuff myself bud. I would definitely find myself some kind of broker though. Letting people bid on something like this, at a time like this, is the only way to go.

Now if you REALLY wanted to be a loyal member, I would leave it up on here and let one of our fine men have the first shot once one of our pros has given you a decent figure of value.

Loyalty goes a long way with me personally - even when money is at stake but of course, that's not my upper and I don't know your situation so I completely understand whatever decision you make.

You DID bring it to us first though so, ya know... :)
11 years 4 months ago #14853

I'm NOT looking to gouge anyone in this current environment. I have all I need to defend myself for quite some time and if someone else would turn this into a sweet rifle, then I'd rather they have it. I don't need the money, nor do I need to sell it. I would rather have the money for another project. I'm getting something new and wouldn't mind having the money to put towards that! I'm irritated with all the price gouging going on...AR's have almost doubled in value IF you can find one!!! LOL.

I DO, however, figure that I won't be paying these astronomical prices for a lower receiver and all other associated parts to make it a complete rifle. If someone wanted something like this, I would just want a fair price, not a gouging price. If nobody is interested I can ALWAYS swap uppers with my current complete .308 and have a pretty lightweight hunting rifle :-). My complete .308 is waaaay too heavy to take into the woods hunting. 24'' stainless bull barrel etc. For me, it's a win-win!

Thank you for your input, it is much appreciated. I just did a quick eBay search and I do not see anything other than some random firearms parts. I think anything actual 'gun' is against their listing rules.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by jcgodfrey. Reason: additional information
11 years 4 months ago #14854

I applaud your sincerity and sense of fair play sir. :clap:
11 years 4 months ago #14856

Thanks. I'm just another regular dude trying to make it in these crazy times. I have been treated MORE than fair by other people, including someone on this exact site when I purchased a red dot, and I see no reason to ask $2000 for an upper!
11 years 4 months ago #14857

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic .308 Bushmaster upper. What's it worth?

I have seen a few uppers get by on ebay with a buy it now price, not recently though. The 30 round mags are banned as well but you'll see hundreds of them now. BCG's and barrels are up right now. I watched a guy sell a bolt action rifle in three parts last week. they have loosened their rules in the last year or so, used to be you couldn't sell any parts that played a role in firing the weapon, like a trigger or firing pin and even magazines. They are "allowing" 10 round magazines now so everyone lists that way and nobody complains.
Someone has to complain about the specific item before it gets pulled, you get three warnings before your id is suspended. If it sells before a complaint there doesn't seem to be an issue. I've sold about 10,000 old tools on ebay over the years and watched people sell banned things like switchblades and ivory the whole time. As long as you are following the law then the worst that could happen would be a ban from ebay for breaking one of their impossible to understand rules.
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 4 months ago #14858

So if I am correct - Selling JUST an upper does not require it be sent to an FFL?

I may try eBay I suppose if nobody on this site is interested. Heck, I hardly ever use my account! Thank you for the replies.
11 years 4 months ago #14859

I just got done just looking around at prices for .308 AR uppers and they are all well over a grand for these right now but those are also all brand new.

Best bet would be to guestimate the condition, search around for the barrel length and style and then make your best price available - if nothing else, you could always let em bargain with you or bring the price down if you like the guy. :)
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Sharkey.
11 years 4 months ago #14860

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!