Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Armalite's greed!

• Thank you received: 2

Armalite's greed! was created by AZMM

I just learned that Armalite will no longer offer their basic load package price on their magazines because of the election results. This is nothing, but pure greed on their part and will cause many to turn to DPMS or the M14/M1A platform, perhaps even myself.

I'm very upset with Armalite right now to say the least. So much for my plans of adding more Armalite AR-10s to the collection.
15 years 5 months ago #439

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:Armalite's greed!

Wow! That is pretty shady. Maybe we can work something out with them? Anyone else looking to order a 'basic load' of AR-10 mags?
15 years 5 months ago #440

Replied by AZMM on topic Re:Armalite's greed!

I called Armalite today to ask some questions and also to request that they bring back the basic load pack. The lady I talked to said they would be out of 20 round AR-10 mags until mid-December. However, other suppiers have them in stock currently including 44mag.com.

Perhaps later we AR-10T.com members could work out a group buy purchase with Armalite, but right now its probably pointless to try.
15 years 5 months ago #443

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:Armalite's greed!

AZMM you have to understand. The "basic load" was a discount program during relatively slow times. They've simply ended the discount on account of demand skyrocketing. I know it's an unhappy thing, but what's the excuse for not having taken advantage of the deal during the last year with the writing on the wall? It's all about magazine production right now, and Armalite is backordered. I've had a Magpul UBR stock on backorder for months, but Magpul won't touch it because they also are at full rate production on magazines.

We've known this was coming (or should have bet on it) for months.
15 years 5 months ago #446

crux wrote:
There was no point in me buying mags before I owned the rifle. In any event, they should've gave us some warning that it was ending. I had assumed from their website description that this was going to be a longterm special, perhaps permanent, to compete price-wise with DPMS, etc., mags.

At the minimum they should at least offer it to new purchasers of their AR-10 platform, say one or two packs to help us get started. I myself believe in at least dedicating 15 mags, preferrably 20, to each rifle. Now its going to cost me a quite a bit a more just to purchase enough mags for one rifle. Future planned AR-10 puchases will not happen now as its just too expensive magazine wise.

I still smell greed in Armalite's decision because of their specific wording in regards to this. Too many in the shooting sports are taking advantage of Obama's election to pump more dollars out of us it seems. Obama's election, per se, does not insure a future AWB being passed as that will be up to both houses to push through into law. Hell, even Bush (Shrub) said he would sign a AWB into law if it got to his desk so there is no difference between our current president and Obama on this particular issue.
15 years 5 months ago #466

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rgramjet on topic Re:Armalite's greed!

Thats exactly why, after much research, I went with the Rock River LAR8. Uses FAL mags.

Just bought 10 magazines in very good condition for $108 shipped. Most work great, have a couple that need some "tweaking".
15 years 5 months ago #467

Replied by weshowe on topic Re:Armalite's greed!

Gents,

It's not just Armalite. People are going to seek profit. If you look at most sites almost all of the Hi-cap mags are gone...bought by people that will hold onto them and will scalp you later.
Yes, we should have seen this coming, but frankly the AR-10 is a fun gun for me. There are much more serious weapons in the arsenal.
Still, I may look at modifying some M-14 mags or some such in the future. If I can find them. I shipped most of mine to the Marines overseas during their shortages.

Hang onto your hats, it's just beginning.

Wes
15 years 5 months ago #469

A Armalite rep just gave a better explanation on another gun forum for their rationale in taking the mag pack special offline. The first explanation from the company did not cut it for me and a lot of other folks too as it sounded more greed-based in tone. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt now especially since they said they will offer the basic load pack again when their stocks are back up to par. It may be awhile though.
15 years 5 months ago #471

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!