Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

I MAY have found my wife's new rifle...

• Sharkey
  • Sharkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Life Member
  • Life Member
  • Playgirl's Center-fold of the Century
  • Thank you received: 175

I MAY have found my wife's new rifle... was created by Sharkey

and I'm looking for anyone who may have either good or bad thoughts about it the company or the rifle itself. I do understand the issues that have been associated with this caliber in ARs but please read my post and then check out the site before listing them so you know what has been addressed and what has not first.

A company called CSC Arms makes an AR15 Elite, chambered in 7.62x39 which seems to fit the bill pretty nicely for my wife's needs.

After doing a WORLD of looking around and reading, I think this guy from CSC seems to come across as having done some fine work on this rifle. He has address pretty much every issue I've heard about as far as problem that arise with this caliber in an AR format including building the lower around the magazines which are made by ASC which appears to be a top notch mag manufacturer and take serious pride in their mags for this caliber.

This rifle comes stock with a 4lb, nickel boron coated trigger assembly, nickel boron coated bolt carrier group (completely coated), custom muzzle brake called "Evil" that I like cuz it has "teeth" (of course...)
:sharkey:

It also comes stock with an 11.5 ounce, 10" free float quad rail and adjustable stock. It has ambidextrous safety and charging handle and Magpul grip.

The upper is made from billet aluminum and the barrel is chrome lined, 1/10 twist and 16 inches long and the entire package weighs in at 6.5lbs.

When you look on the site, he has a few specs for the 5.56 listed with this rifle including the magpul magazine and 1/7 twist but those are not for the 7.62x39 and I've spoken to him on the phone a couple of times to confirm everything.

If anyone has any serious reservations, I'd love to hear them just as I would appreciate anything good you find on them.

They also make a gas piston rifle in the same caliber but I'm sticking with action I'm familiar with and just trying a new caliber so my wife can enjoy shooting a little more and still have the kind of stopping power in a rifle I want her to be able to control.

I'm planning on making the buy sometime after the first of the year and he has quoted me a price I find very hard to say no to.

For the record, he also mentioned he is going to be putting out a .308 rifle within the next couple of months as well so if you contact him at all, make sure to mention you heard about it here are AR10t.com.

We always like companies, big and small, to know where their business is coming from...just in case they wanna give us some kind of site or group deal someday... :)

Since he's already given me a price, my deal is already set in stone so any advertisement or mention of our site will only benefit us all in the long run.

Here's the rifle. Nice looking, nice weight, nice length, less recoil than our .308s and just right for my wife I believe.

Opinions?

Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 5 months ago #31518

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic I MAY have found my wife's new rifle...

Looks to be a quality rifle, now you'll have to find quality ammo to shoot in it, that may be the hard part.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 5 months ago #31520

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Replied by Sharkey on topic I MAY have found my wife's new rifle...

I've had THAT picked out for quite a while....no steel cases for me man...

If she can get good shooting these things out to 100 or 150 yards, we'll both be happy.

I figure these are gonna be some nice "stoppers" for her to shoot squirrels and sich.. :laugh:
10 years 5 months ago #31521

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic I MAY have found my wife's new rifle...

Privi is a good choice for ammo, See how the round nose SP's feed before making a big buy.
10 years 5 months ago #31523

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Yea for sure. They also make a pointed nose in the 123 grain as well so I figured I'd get some of each and let her have at it.

I also spoke with him about the ammo and he was actually surprised I was going to buy brass cases for it and predicted 1 MOA at 100 yards with it although, well, ya know...we'll see...

He also said I should have NO issues using the ammo I told him I had planned for it but of course and as always, the proof will be in the pudding so I'm just hoping someone has come across one at a range or something just to put a little icing on the cake before I throw out the scratch for it.

I'm pretty convinced this should be a good buy though and the mags for it from ASC are only 22 bucks for 30 rounders so, well, you see what I mean... :)
10 years 5 months ago #31525

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic I MAY have found my wife's new rifle...

So... Have you picked out her tacticool gear so she can run a basic load in style?
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
10 years 5 months ago #31526

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Of course !!! She'll be wearing camo pants, her AR10t.com hoodie and that great big pretty smile she's always got cuzza who she's married to... :laugh:
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 5 months ago #31527

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic I MAY have found my wife's new rifle...

Having watched their video about their 7.62x39, I have to say it looks like they've thought of everything and put a lot of work into getting it right.

I'll be really curious to see what kind of groups it prints. The 7.62x39 can be very accurate, but the rifles chambered for it aren't generally the best quality. With a decent set of sights, and higher quality (commercial) bullets, I'd think it should shoot pretty darn well. :)

Good find, Sharkey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharkey
10 years 5 months ago #31608

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Thanks Lizzie.

After all I've seen about the issues in this format and caliber, I was thinking they seem to have em covered pretty darn well and since the CEO of the company is good about "playing ball" with the numbers a bit, it's going to be an easier pill to swallow now.

I'm going to be very interested to see what he comes out with in .308. He seems pretty excited about his offering and will be coming out with it in the next month or two... :)
10 years 5 months ago #31609

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic I MAY have found my wife's new rifle...

Its made of (the current tactiKool buzzword) Billet. Ok sounds great but what is it. Its CAST aluim an ingot or block and then it can be machined or forged. GENERALLY speaking opt for machined, but NOT always, in the case of AR uppers/lowers go for the machined over the forged units, if they were pistons in an engine, go for forged in most cases.

So billet is just a cast block to be worked vs a part(s) casting, the machined will almost always be stronger.

Its made of 6061-T6 vs 7075-T6. Off the top the 7075 is about 50-60% stronger than 6061...Is this important?

Well depends upon use, you are not going to combat with it, nor likely to butt stroke someone. The 7.62x39 is a low power load so not much stress on components there.

For a light duty AR I see no issue with using 6061...in this case the question is: Are the Upper/lower machined or forged components?

I followed the map link and did not see CSC, but saw a used auto parts, a towing company and 'two men and a trailer at that address.

Finally lets address cost: Its a $2,000 buck AR and that is NOT cheap and most ARs are made of 7075 especially at that price point. Sure its got some Nic-Boron components such as the BCG and the trigger assembly (not sure the trigger group needs it but...). I do like the Nic-Boron BCG but not sure its always needed, especially in this implementation and some will question if its truly worth it in the long run.

Only you can judge the value vs intended use vs cost...
10 years 5 months ago #31624

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!