Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

Boston Marathon, Bombs & Gun Control

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by VTIT on topic Boston Marathon, Bombs & Gun Control

Ditto here. I unloaded the 700 I had a couple weeks ago. Granted it was a test mule for some reloading stuff but that thing was so unreliable that I had to stop using it. I sent it back to Remington twice to have them fix it. Once because as soon as you chambered a round it would go bang. I don't mean slam a round I mean as soon as it was ready to fire it would. The safety didn't do :banghead: . They fixed that so well that you had to use two fingers to pull the trigger. I measured it once at around 12.5 pounds. Got it back and sometimes it would fire sometimes it wouldn't even click. I never bothered tearing into it myself it wasn't that important to me. I never was that fond of it. Stopped using it and traded it in to a gun shop. They knew what it was and took it anyway.

That soured me on Remington after that. I don't even buy there crappy ammo any more it has caused so many problems. Especially the rimfire stuff.
11 years 1 month ago #21882

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Boston Marathon, Bombs & Gun Control

Went to my closest reloading store, 70 miles away today. Was going to buy some Remington primers because that was all they had on the shelf. The owner said not to buy them, he had had too many misfires with Remington primers. He reached under the counter and brought up a 1000 Winchester ones instead! Alright! He said once those are gone he won't be carrying Remington components anymore.
People were in there buying everything up. Owner got a call in order from Wyoming yesterday for 70 pounds of Reloader 15! They can't get it out there. Only left one pound for me, but I filled in with H4895.
11 years 1 month ago #21913

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Boston Marathon, Bombs & Gun Control

"Remington CEOs have decided to stay in New York, however, following a meeting with Sens. James Seward, Hugh Farley and Joseph Griffo, as well as Assemblymen Marc Butler, Claudia Tenney, and Anthony Brindisi. Shortly after the meeting, Congressman Richard Hanna announced that the Pentagon would award Remington an $80 million contract to make 5,000 sniper rifles over the next decade for the US Special Operations Command."

If my small cal did the math correctly that runs about $16,000 per gun...sounds like a govt pay off to me
11 years 1 month ago #22021

:mad: Yep!
11 years 1 month ago #22023

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Boston Marathon, Bombs & Gun Control

I know 16k sounds steep, it is a lot of money. Look at what the worlds top rifles go for. An AI is going to set you back 7k minimum for just the rifle. Start adding optics and any ancillary equipment and busting 16k on one rifle comes up fast. It's surprisingly reasonable, provided that Big Green 'R' is really putting out a rifle on this tier. As long as it's going to our guys, I'm ok with it. They have been needing a new rifle for a long time anyway.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 1 month ago #22030

I am with you on that, having said that. I would like to see the shoot between Rem and ????

There is an old saying: follow the money and looking at this money trail and the operations of Obama and I see a pay off...NY is big time Dem Gov and NYC Mayor.
11 years 1 month ago #22034

According to Leb, the rifle is good and its going to our troops who need it.
The shenanigans to keep them in New York is another story. But we need to keep them separate I suppose.
11 years 1 month ago #22035

Tell Leb to post something, what he knows or links or something...

What I do know is the other guns Rem put up did not fare well, but the sniper rifle is a separate contract...I will say they sure got a good looking gun...
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by OleCowboy.
11 years 1 month ago #22039

• Thank you received: 99

Replied by 10-76 on topic Boston Marathon, Bombs & Gun Control

An acquaintance has one of those contracts. It includes A LOT more than the rifles.
11 years 1 month ago #22047

I know what all it includes, I have seen the BILL, that is not what concerns me:

1) How did it do in the shoot out, was it in fact the 1st place finisher

2) If not, then follow the money back to the White House
11 years 1 month ago #22053

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!