Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Best scope recommendation?

• Thank you received: 1

Best scope recommendation? was created by Maximus

I'm talking best optics for my AR10T 260 Rem, the most scope for the money. I'm not talking about a $3500 super duper. :dry: I want something most people can afford.:(
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by Maximus.
13 years 1 week ago #7316

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: Best scope recommendation?

Well Max...I guess the question is, "What's in your wallet".... :laugh: :dry:
But seriously...what price range are you looking at....I agree, 3500 is way up there and out of reach for most of us... and justifying that on a scope would be tough, for setting in the safe most of the time....
Give a Price range and power requirements and I will come up with some Ideas for you.... ;)
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 6 days ago #7318

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Maximus on topic Re: Best scope recommendation?

Variable scope, priced 1 kilobucks or so. :ohmy:
13 years 6 days ago #7321

Sorry...things have been hectic...Now you didn't specify Tactical or Hunting...but being the .260...I am going with Hunting and Target...

For that price range...and variable..the list is long...I forgot to ask Max Distance..but I will go with it anyway...
Companies...
Leupold
Bushnell
Burris
Nikon...and a few others.
One Really Nice scope that is not heard of but I got to play with one awhile back is the Shepherd Scopes...They are amazing...for hunting and also used by the military on M-14s...
So where to start...being I am not all that up on Leupold...A great scope but I think abit over rated and priced...even though I have a Mark Two...

I am thinking for you a Bushnell Elite 4200 or 6500 or maybe a Nikon Monarch or Monarch Gold...would suit your needs...all can be had for under the 1K mark...
Example...
Nikon Monarch 8x32x50 with side focus for about $700...
Bushnell Elite...4200 price range 5 to $600 depending on model and options.
and the Tactical..7 to 1K...
The 6500 Elite...750 to 950 depending again on options ...
I am looking at powers x16 and greater...
The Burris line is not bad either..
ranging for 400 to 700 in the Full Field style to the XTR..XtremeTactical..which runs 650 to just over 1K...
and lets not forget the New Kid on the block...Vortex...
They also have some impressive scopes....ranging from a few hundred to just over 1K+ as well...so you see, there are many options out there...
My best advice is to check a couple of sources...
Midway USA is one...I have there master catalog..
As well as Optic Planet..
I know this may not be of much help..but for now..it is the best I can do untill you can give me EXACT options you are looking for...
Go to Midway USA and go to the optics section...Have alot of time to look..you can pick your options and it will give you the scopes available in those parameters and price...

www.midwayusa.com/

Hope this helps..
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 4 days ago #7341

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Re: Best scope recommendation?

Anyone out there have any experiance with NightForce scopes I here they are worth giving a look at.
AKAI
12 years 11 months ago #7394

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic Re: Best scope recommendation?

Without more details it's a tough question but I have this on my AR10:

Leupold Scope Mark 4 LR/T 3.5-10x40mm (30mm) M1 Matte Duplex

Similar scope is:

Leupold Scope Mark 4 LR/T 3.5-10x40mm (30mm) M1 - Matte - Mil Dot

The scopes I mentioned are both around $1k with the mil-dot being about $100 more than the duplex. Good Luck - let us know what you buy.
12 years 11 months ago #7404

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic Re: Best scope recommendation?

I have a nightforce 2.5x-10x x32 nsx with zero stop, available at optics planet for $1290.
I love it. my next best scope is a leupold vx3( around $700) and the Nightforce puts it to shame.
In fact I just ordered another Nightforce. In my opinion to get or beat the quality of Nightforce, you would need to spend a lot more and get a Schmidt/Bender or US Optics
12 years 11 months ago #7410

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by 264win on topic Re: Best scope recommendation?

I have a Leupold Var-x3 8.5x25 with the varmint recticle, on my .260. Your buing american all the way, (Beaverton Oregon) you can see clarly what your shooting at at 1000 yds. It also has a great warrantee. Did I mention buy American.
12 years 11 months ago #7514

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by 2ndchance on topic Re: Best scope recommendation?

Sniper's Hide recently ran a promotion with SWFA.Com and are offering their new SuperSniper 5-20X50 HD scope for $500 off the retail price. That brings the scope to $999 + shipping.

You'll need the discount code "hide500". Discount code expires 6/17/2011.

It's an amazing scope. All the reviews have come back positive.

Super clear High Def glass
First Focal Plane
Tactile .1MRAD turrets
Illuminated mid-dot reticle
New "diamond" mil-dot pattern
Side focus
30mm tube
Quick eye focus

Most think it surpasses the Vortex HD lines, as well as the Leupold Mark 4's. They are saying it's in like with the IORs and Premier Heritage, and NightForce.

When comparing apples to apples on feature/function/price, they say the SuperSniper wins hands down. Now, at $999, it's even a better value.

There are reviews out there. Even video reviews. It's a new scope so it doesn't quite just "pop up" on a google search. The reviews out there are pre-production models. The production one is said to be very close to the pre-production model and "may" have ZeroStop turrets. I have not been able to confirm this yet.

Either way, I took advantage of this deal and bought one. They should be released for shipment in a few weeks.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by 2ndchance.
12 years 11 months ago #7516

I like it...I have to say that the 16x...fixed I used on the AR-50 was nice...but this looks to be Super Nice.... ;)
Ah...if I only had 1K to spend... :(
but I did book mark it...for later "Drooling"... :woohoo:
Thanks for the link...
BMS

12 years 11 months ago #7517

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!