Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

FN FAL Magazines - what the heck?

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by markthenewf on topic Re:FN FAL Magazines - what the heck?

Edge wrote:
This was one of the main reasons I went with Hornady. Even though the LNL press is kinda goofy in its operation from time to time (still can't get the priming system to work 100%), they really have been fine to deal with for warranty or parts work. I would have a whole lot more of an issue with a buggy setup that costs a whole lot more!
13 years 2 months ago #6517

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

wielywilly-g wrote:
I had to wait 3 weeks for a friggin' firing pin retaining pin, even though I was able to "order" it. I basically had a RRA door stop for almost a month because of that. It's BS that most everything they have it that way. If it's not available, tell us before they order. It's a very bad practice to say the least.
13 years 2 months ago #6518

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by wielywilly-g on topic Re:FN FAL Magazines - what the heck?

Hey, I love those new LAR-8 poly Mags from RRA !!!

Just Kiddin, they are not in yet.... :(
13 years 1 month ago #6858

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Crazi on topic Re: FN FAL Magazines - what the heck?

I have ordered a LOT of mags from AIM Surplus and they have all worked fine in my Lar8. They fit tighter that the surplus mags that I have and I have better feeding from the AIM mags than I do with the surplus mags.

Just a suggestion...
Elite Shooting Sports... 100yd Indoor Range in NoVA!!
13 years 1 month ago #6899

Replied by frmrpat on topic Re:FN FAL Magazines - what the heck?

Well, that is just a damned cotter key, you should be able to get one at any auto parts store.
13 years 1 month ago #6915

Replied by markthenewf on topic Re: FN FAL Magazines - what the heck?

I've got a mix of around 20 mags (imperial and metric) from multiple sources. All are from different stages of use (old, new, refurb) and *one* feeds reliably. The only reason I'm holding onto them is that if I get rid of the LAR, I may go with a FAL, RFB, or something else that can actually use the FAL mags.

RRA received the upper and bolt group Wednesday. I hope their warranty work is better set up than their parts bin. Otherwise I'm in for a long wait. I am also still hoping that it's an obvious bolt, ejector, or feed ramp issue. I've always said it shoots like a champ, but the FTF and such are unacceptable after somewhere in the range of 500 round.
13 years 1 month ago #6918

Har! Betcha you teased all the girls is high school as well. :laugh:
13 years 1 month ago #6919

If even the most basic of parts, which can be bought at any local store, takes weeks to replace than what hope is there fore more complex or popular parts to be readily available? I can also guarantee that if I did use a non-RRA part from another vendor, my warranty would be thrown out the door along with the non-RRA part if anything went amiss. I haven't even addressed the point that the pin all but failed after less than a couple of hundred rounds.

Right now RRA has agreed to look at my upper and BCG to see if there's a problem with those components. That's all I can ask for. The fact of the matter is that FAL mags do not feed properly in my rifle. I still hold out hope that RRA can get me a solution for what otherwise is a fine-shooting rifle.
13 years 1 month ago #6920

Replied by wielywilly-g on topic Re: FN FAL Magazines - what the heck?

Rock River Arms comes through.

Here is a heads up. The MAGs are IN !! They have just shipped me 5 of the polymer 20rnd mags I had on backorder forever.

I will get them in the next couple days and fill you guys in on the quality/function.
12 years 8 months ago #8432

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!