Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

• Sharkey
  • Sharkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Life Member
  • Life Member
  • Playgirl's Center-fold of the Century
  • Thank you received: 175

My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind... was created by Sharkey

Shotgunners,

You read that right. This is a 10 shot 12 gauge Benelli M4.

I believe this is the first time this gun has been set up in such a way and with no technical expertise required or moving parts to add on.

If you have the barrels with choke threads, it's also very easy to secure a compensator or barrel extension to compensate for the additional length of 1-5/8 inches beyond my barrel.

If you don't, this cap makes one heck of a nice ram at the end of your gun and CAN handle some abuse as it's made from steel and quite robust.

As you can see I went with the Briley Door Breacher Compensator on mine and love it.

The only other part needed to make this cap work is one of Kip Carrier's Super Springs sold by CarrierComp that he had made specifically for M4 owners using the full length mag tubes. One of these was the final and perfect touch to make this gun load 8+1+1 and blast em out all day long. I can even load 9 3 inch shells if I'm not in the mood to put 10 2-3/4 round in.

If you would like to view the video of this exclusive AR10t.com introduction, you can see it within our project section or just hit this link - www.ar10t.com/shop-online/10-shot-benelli-m4

This introduction is currently in progress and the sales of this item will be handled by our fearless leader Mlotziii and production by our favorite AK enthusiast and machinist extraordinaire Akai.

Enjoy guys and please, if you have any questions, ask away.

I do believe this is a first with a Benelli M4 without moving parts like an XRail system or anything for huge coin.

The embedding isn't working right but if you want to see if full screen, go here -

Currently the Sharkey extension cap is only available for pre-order. For details on getting on the list follow the link posted above.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 8 months ago #27722

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Replied by Sharkey on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

Message for anyone visiting the site - please feel free to join up.

There are pay options but there is also a free membership option so you do not have to pay any money to join and view most of our site.

We have some of the most knowledgeable members on the internet when it comes to Big Band ARs and we would love to have some great shotgun people on board as well.

Welcome and thank you for visiting.

Sharkey
10 years 8 months ago #27741

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

Putting the word out there for ya. I guess I don't understand shotty feeding as well as I thought. I've seen the xrail and that thing is huge but only gives you 12 rounds I think. Then this little thing gives 10 rounds?
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharkey
10 years 8 months ago #27750

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Benelli owners would call it an 8+1+1 load. The M4 has historically maxed at 7+1+1 and not with all 2-3/4 ammo. Just certain kinds. The added space will allow you to even run 9 3inch shells or 9 of the oversized 2-3/4 shells (like Dupo28 slugs which are some seriously trauma causing horrors) or a full 10 load of standard sized 2-3/4 stuff like Federal, Remington or Winchester buckshot or slugs which is what I normally use.

If you watch the video when I am loading, you'll notice I only put 8 rounds into the magazine (The rest of the world can only load 7). Then I pull the bolt back almost all the way and tuck 1 round (#9) down below the bolt and it sits on the carrier. Then I load #10 into the chamber. This is called "Ghost Loading" or "Carrier Loading" which I believe is the military term for it.

I know XRail makes a system now for the M4 but it also has moving parts, probably weighs more and STILL only holds 10 rounds.

They make some for other guns that'll hold 26 but not the M4.

I know if I was back in the Army and carrying one of these in the sand or somewhere, this cap is the direction I would want to move. More moving parts is not something I would prefer to have on a bad day.

This keeps it simple, compact and just ads an extra round without adding even a single extra part. Same number of parts, just more space for ammo. I believe that is a tough one to top.

If they don't have any kind of barrel extension, it still only goes a little bit beyond the barrel which would not effect the action whatsoever and even provide a nice rugged ram to jam into a suspects chest in a non shooting situation which would have been handy when I was with the State Police.

Of course my toothie Briley Compensator is also a darn nice ram but certainly not something you wanna jam at someone unless you wanna damage em... :evil:

If you notice in the video, it also does a pretty good job of keeping the muzzle down even when firing from the bipod without holding anything but the pistol grip... :thumbs:
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 8 months ago #27752

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by tangy003 on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

That is one sweet looking (and shooting)M4.
10 years 8 months ago #27753

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Thanks Tangy... :thumbs: Hey, didn't I just see you across the street at the shotgun range??

I'm gonna be at the range rocking this thing today right after church... I love shooting this gun and it's so easy to throw some big bucks at 10 rounds a load...

Gonna bring the Benelli and the AR10 to the range today and warm em both up good.... :)
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 8 months ago #27755

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

That is one BAD :censored: machine you've built there Sharkey! :twothumbs:

Makes me want an M4 even worse! If they can ever fix the discs in my back so I can handle the recoil without using a narcotic I'll be in.

Great video, I hope it sells well for you. I'll pass a link to some shotgunners I know, they don't have M4's but this might sway them. You have stuck to all the principles that make a great SD and combat weapon for sure. The X-rail is a range gun option from what I've seen of them. By adding no additional moving parts you've followed the KISS principle to the letter! Have you contacted Benelli with this? I'm thinking they would want in.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 8 months ago #27756

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

I've linked this thread to the Benelli forum actually. Not just for sales but I'm hoping we can also get our shotgun section moving a little better if we can get some good guys in here that know about shotguns.

You know me by now and I'm no guru, just a shooter and having rifle AND shotgun people in here would be a great thing.

Nothing like knew blood, new perspectives on our favorite weapons and knowledgeable people all around us.. Win Win I say...

And thanks. I knew all along that in a bad situation, whether in sand, rain, hail or snow, a simple cap was the way to go. It works and works well. I even let one guy at the range today unload 10 out of it and he was just stunned.

It was kinda fun cuz there were like a half dozen guys at the range today and I sat down with the M4, loaded it and dumped 10 into a silhouette target at 75 yards and suddenly everyone was like "holey crap what are you shooting over there"...

Not much for being noticed normally but it is kind of a kick once in a while...
10 years 8 months ago #27775

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

Seems like a great and simple idea. I am wondering if there has been a rule change or did you make your weapon in compliance with Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms federal law 18 U.S.C. § 922(r) (referred to simply as 922(r)), 27 CFR § 478.39, and 18 U.S.C. §925 (d)(3)?

This has been bouncing around for several years and the BATF actually addressed this specifically with the Benelli M-4. I was looking at the M-4 and like many wanted a few more bangs for my buck. They told me about this when I was shopping. So I just picked up a El Cheapo Rem in 20 ga for tree rodents here on the place till it all got sorted out. But you might have the solution in hand...?
10 years 8 months ago #27837

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

That's a great question Cowboy.

Actually, the 922r is not all that difficult to figure out. For the Benelli M4, all you need to do is replace 3 parts on the gun, within certain categories, with American made parts before you extend it's capacity.

I don't know all of the categories off-hand but on mine I simply replaced the rear stock, the forend and the follower which put me within legal parameters to extend the capacity.

On top of these, my full length mag tube is American made as is the extension cap which was made in Scenic Nebraska by our friend Akai.

I also have an American made Charging handle, over-sized bolt release and my compensator.

Other things that can be replaced to bring an M4 into compliance are the trigger and safety.

The very first thing anyone with a Benelli M4 should do is Google and read the 922r and make certain they are in compliance BEFORE extending their capacity as an American made extension does not fall within the categories to help achieve compliance although once you start changing things to American made, why not go with it as far as you can.

I'm very proud to say that my extension cap is not only made in America, but by a fine member and fellow Moderator right here within our own AR10t.com family and working with him on this project has been a pleasure as was our relationship with Martin who is handling the distribution and other details. :)
10 years 8 months ago #27838

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!