Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

• Sharkey
  • Sharkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Life Member
  • Life Member
  • Playgirl's Center-fold of the Century
  • Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

Well, as fun as it SOUNDED like it was gonna be, no real joy. I had a solid head wind coming right into my face which made every single shot at that distance squirrely as hell. To make matters worse, I was 3 rounds into my first 10 and my wife calls, she's locked out.

I say great, I have to rush now.

Finish that 10 frustrated now and start my next volley - 4 rounds in, still trying to figure out the damn wind and "ring ring" - "don't worry about us honey, we're just playing outside so no rush"....

Now I'm thinkin "yea right, that's girl speak for "quit playing and get me into the damn house", so here I am wasting another 10 with maybe 3 hits.

Start on my 3rd set of 10, 2 rounds in and "ring ring", "I got in Honey so we're all set, enjoy yourself and I'll see you when you get home"....

Fighting the urge to turn the damn gun on mySELF at that point, I got another couple of hits and the wind is just blowing everything everywhere.

Load up my last 10 good slugs and wind be damned I nailed it for another 5 and then was out of the good stuff.

My shooting partner had brought a couple of punkins so we set one at 25 and another at 75 and then placed my little center piece of steel at 75 (still without ever having been touched but 14 or 15 hits all around it) and then blasted 50 low recoils and at least got some steam out from between my ears before I went home...

And that's that. Wind, distractions and not enough hits in a row to really do a video justice unless I cheated and started splicing but ya know, that just wouldn't be very joyful. Plus I went to church this morning so not really very christian either... :laugh:

Hits were pretty easy to count since someone had just painted the gong a few days before I got there... :)
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 5 months ago #30456

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

Pretty good for the conditions. I'm betting everything will fall into place someday soon. You'll have to start buying slugs by the 1,000 lot, it has to be a real blast to shoot! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 5 months ago #30459

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

It's definitely a fun gun I have to say.

Fill it with buck shot and you can fill a human silhouette target at 15 yards with 90 - .30 caliber holes in about 2 seconds... :laugh:

No offense to AR15s but if I had a few "semi trained" mooks creepin into the homestead with AR15s, I'd take the M4 all day.

Hell, load in some slugs or heavy buckshot loads and I could shoot em right through the floors, the walls, the refrigerator, ya know, all those things that a 223 round's trajectory might have issues with... :laugh:

I'm not certain but I think if there were guys downstairs and it suddenly started raining buckshot and plaster, they might, just MAYBE consider moving on to the next house... :laugh:

There wouldn't be too many places they could hide in this old house that I couldn't reach em just by shooting right THROUGH stuff...and what the heck, it's a rental anyway... :laugh:
10 years 5 months ago #30461

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

I have a shotgun, 12 gauge, a sort of a fancy thing that I picked up a few years ago. I do`nt thing there`s a any nice parts for it to be had, as far as extended magazines and foldumup stocks an such.
It is an Ithaca, some sort of a fancy design on it, like duks an such.
I would like a scatter gun all right, but more like the home defender series, shorter barrel, longer tube, sights, etc.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by MrMarty51.
10 years 5 months ago #30490

Wow Sharkey, those slugs put some serious dents in that gong. Down range from one of those, NO WAY MAN !!!!
About the AR15s and shooting through the walls.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Maybe a better day, with more favorable winds and We`ll get to see a video.
10 years 5 months ago #30492

OH YEAH, In Alaska, the best defense against them bears is a shotgun with slugs.
Talking to an "Old Timer" that has lived there most of His life and talking about being in the bush.
I asked Him what He packs for bears, a 12 gauge.
He told Me His first two rounds is bird shot, after that it is slugs, He tells Me His main shotgun holds seven.
When out hunting game, He carries His shotgun on the ready, rifle shouldered, until He sees the game He wants to shoot. If the game is close enough He just uses the shotgun on the critter.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by MrMarty51.
10 years 5 months ago #30493

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

That's not exactly the best color to be shooting at in fall in RI either. From 200 yards with a 0 magnification reflex site, after about 1 second of aiming, it blends into pretty much EVERYTHING so you have to kind of just get an idea and then take the shot... :laugh:

I'm thinking a nice little can of lime green spray paint when I go next time...
10 years 5 months ago #30495

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

This thread has NOT helped my Jonesing for a Benelli M4 at all.........not one bit!
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 5 months ago #30496

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Feed the Jones Man....FEED the jones... It's the only cure... :laugh:
10 years 5 months ago #30500

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

I just may feed that monster........very soon!

What about 922r compliance?
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 5 months ago #30512

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!