Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

OK, got it, so if I spring for the M 4 now, then what parts do I need? And which ones do you sell? Looking at your link it seems I need to buy from (YOU) the extension cap and the other parts are available from other sources...am I correct?

I might need to be looking for a M 4 again...
10 years 8 months ago #27840

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sharkey
  • Sharkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Life Member
  • Life Member
  • Playgirl's Center-fold of the Century
  • Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

I'm actually not selling anything myself Cowboy. There is a link in the "projects" area though where you can make a "pre-order" and end up getting the cap for about $30 less than you would if we made up a bunch ahead of time.

Here is a general list of parts of which you need to replace a minimum of 3 to gain compliance (I'm actually surprised to see "magazine body" within this list since I didn't see it before):

1.Receiver
2.Barrel
3.Bolt
4.Bolt carrier
5.Gas piston
6.Trigger housing
7.Trigger
8.Hammer
9.Disconnector
10.Buttstock (with integral pistol grip)
11.Forearm/handguard (forend)
12.Magazine body
13.Follower

(The four in bold place me well within compliance since even my magazine is American made by Dave's Metal Works and the extension cap was made in Nebraska)

There are literally dozens of American companies pumping out stuff for these categories right now for the M4 and making one compliant, if you have the cash on hand, is a simple matter of getting the parts and doing it. There are videos all over youtube of how to replace the stock magazine with the full length tube by using a heat gun and everything pretty much falls together quite easily if you want to do it.

Since I've been scratching this thing together as our money allows, it has taken some time but once you buy one, just simply check with me or other shotgun forums and if you like the look of mine, I can tell you where I got pretty much everything for it.

All I know for sure Cowboy is that I waited for about 25 years to spring for a Benelli and I have never once regretted doing it. These M4s really are all they say they are and I was just fortunate enough to have an idea that a friend helped me bring to reality that makes it one shot better.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 8 months ago #27841

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by 10before15 on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

Sharkey, sell me your gun please.
10 years 8 months ago #27944

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

That's one gun that will be stayin in my family for a VERY long time amigo. Worth every penny.... :)
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 8 months ago #27965

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by kvincent on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

Sharkey,

How does your extension affect take down? Do the spring and follower have to be removed?

Thanks,

Kerry
10 years 6 months ago #29267

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Hello Kerry,

My follower is from FFT and is a shorter than the stock follower but other than that, there are no real changes to the way it breaks down other than you no longer use the magazine retainer clip.

The follower, the (carriercomp) spring just drop in. Then you put the cap over the end of the excess spring and begin feeding it down into the mag until the cap reaches the threads and then screw it on.

You are actually reducing the number of parts by 1 by eliminating the spring retainer.

Sharkey
10 years 6 months ago #29275

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Ammo count showed I was heavy on slugs. Darn it!!! I'm gonna have to go do some blastin tomorrow...

Maybe I'll play around with some scopes and see if I can squeeze off a nice 2 or 3 inch group at 100 with the M4 and 10 1600fps slugs... I'm feeling ambitious... :)

Things have been pretty crazy around my place for a while. Overtime falling out of the woodwork with 3:00am wake-ups and both sons in football and not even hitting the sack till 9:30 or which'll tend to make me a little irritable with no patience for my slow internet. :(

My 10 year old's team is undefeated with 5-0 and my 7 year old's team is now 3-1-1 with a nice 20-0 victory today. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Gonna finally take a "Dad's Day" tomorrow since I turned 50 last week and haven't done a thing for myself yet other than pick up an immaculate, Black, 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Sport 4dr 4X4 with a nice $500 buck a month nut. Shooting in the morning and then another football game for my 10 yo in the afternoon.

Maybe I'll bring a few water jugs with me tomorrow. Those Dupo 28 slugs blow up a gallon jug of water like you guys wouldn't believe... :laugh:

Hope you are all doing well. I'll be back on a better schedule in about a month... :(
10 years 6 months ago #29309

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

Miss hearing from you more often but fully understand you have to grab every minute with those kids that you can, they'll be moving on in life before you know it. You only get one bite at that apple, make it a big one! :usa:

Oh yeah, and belated :happybirthd
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 6 months ago #29311

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

Shark, nice to see you posting Amigo, :happybirthd
Go blow up some water jugs and have a good time!
Like JT says, grab that time with your kids before its gone. I am driving 70 miles each way to have lunch with my son tomorrow and see how college is going. I miss those days of youth sports! Oh and congratulate them for me on their teams fine seasons.
10 years 6 months ago #29312

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Yea. I definitely love watching my boys kick ass out there. I even play the theme from Highlander (Princes of the Universe) for em as I get them ready to go - helping with pads, belts, making sure the cleats are tied just right and all - ya know, Dad stuff with a "psych em up BIG time" twist to it.

I've been blessed with 2 VERY hard-assed sons. Even though it's their first year, they are both on 1st string offense AND defense and playing against kids with anywhere from 2 to 5 years of experience on them. My 10yo's league tops at 11 years old but most of them have been playing since they were 6 and my 7 year old's league tops at 9 years old and most of those kids have been playing since they were 6 as well so making 1st string on EITHER offense or defense would have been amazing but making both, well - that's all on just sheer toughness.

One thing I've noticed that bugs me though is how parents will be MAD at their kids if they don't do something right. That bothers me. No one will EVER hear me shouting angrily at my boys about their performances in public OR at home and it just makes me think of how parents get all confused over raising kids.

Threatening your son because they didn't catch a pass is CRAZY and I've heard fathers SCREAMING at their kids out on the field because of stuff like that.

They make a bad play or mess up a little, as far as I'm concerned, you just encourage them to make up for it next time. I also don't tell them to make ME proud when they get on the field. We kneel down, say a prayer of thanks, for strength, no injuries and that they will make THEMSELVES proud as they fight. Then we all say Amen together and in one of them will go for their game or both into their practice.

I'm so blessed with such a wife and sons.

Well guys, thanks for the kind words and I'm getting things together for some fun with the M4 today.

Gonna be leaving the 10er put away for now - trying to conserve some ammo for a while and it's dialed right in nice right now so it can get a little rest this trip. Got some other toys goin too but ya know, can't go posting EVERYTHING I have on the internet... :)

Sharkey
10 years 6 months ago #29313

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!