Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

• Sharkey
  • Sharkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Life Member
  • Life Member
  • Playgirl's Center-fold of the Century
  • Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

I've got an inexpensive digital camera coming in and that will give me two so I'm hoping next weekend I might be able to get to the range and make this video happen.

What I want to do is set one camera up out by the 200 yard gong and then another back in the shed with me.

I'll film in from behind myself to try and get my gun and the range in view as I shoot.

After I'm done it'll probably take me another week or two to splice the vids together but I'm hoping, if the force is with me that day, to go 10 for 10 at 200 yards with slugs and get it on video but we'll see.

6 for 10 the first time I tried it so who knows. Hopes are high... :)
10 years 5 months ago #30023

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

That should turn some heads! Just don't get any attention from the wrong direction.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 5 months ago #30024

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

I`ll be :cowboy: :cowboy: {chomping on My ceegar} in anticipation of the moooovie.
Heck man, at 200 yds. with a shotgun, even the six of ten sounds impressive to Me. :cowboy: :cowboy:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 5 months ago #30035

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Gonna be some challenging conditions for the 200 yard movie attempt tomorrow. If I could do it any other day I would but tomorrow is the day and that's it for a few weeks. I'm all set up and ready so it is what it is and we'll see how the conditions effect a 1 ounce slug flying out 200 yards. I'm hoping to do MUCH better than 6/10 for the movie so I'm hoping the wind isn't too constant and the humidity stays at least SOMEWHERE below 85%... :unsure:

Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 5 months ago #30356

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Cloudy and rain-not so much but those gusts to 30 mph`ll be fun. :cowboy:
Relax, take it easy, do`nt worry and You will do mighty fine, prolly bringum home big trophy.
10 years 5 months ago #30388

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

:I-agree: You've already blown minds with 6 out of 10. How big is the gong? Even connecting with a man size target once at that range is pretty good.
Best of luck on your quest. :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 5 months ago #30391

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

I THINK it's about a 16 inch gong. I'm thinking I might place the forward camera off to one side so I can catch the gong AND the still board and maybe put up one human silhouette just for the heck of it.

If things are going well, I'll see what kinda damage I can do on it from that range. I'll be shooting with my zero X reflex site so we'll see how my eyes are tomorrow... :laugh: The gong is just a rusty circle down there though so at least the silhouette will be a little easier to see.

And yes, I agree the wind will be a pain but when the humidity gets up high, the air gets thicker and condensation makes everything move slower.

You guys in the midwest and dryer areas don't "normally" have to deal with the kind of humidity we have here but it can definitely play in.

We'll see come movie time though I guess... :) The proof'll be in the puddin...
10 years 5 months ago #30392

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Just to make things interesting, I just got done wiring up a round hub-cap looking piece of stainless (I think) that is 6 inches across. I set it up with some wires so I could wire it to the center of that gong tomorrow and really have a nice bright center. There was a bunch of em in the basement of this place when we moved here and I use em for fun targets once in a while... :)

If I hit it, it should crush down quite nicely. I don't think the slugs will go through it at that distance but who knows - the steel is about 1/8 of an inch thick so we'll see. Even just crushing it will look nice on camera though... 6" target hit at 200 yards with a slug. Hell, I'm bringing 40 1600 fps slugs with me tomorrow so I GOTTA get lucky at least ONCE you'd think... :laugh:

I've got another 50 low recoils I'm gonna blow off too but those are strictly short range (75 yards or less) blasters which are always nice to end the day with at 10 at a time... :)

Maybe I'll walk up on that gong and give it a solid whoopin at close range if it doesn't cooperate with me from a distance... :laugh:
10 years 5 months ago #30410

You are a funny man Sharkey, enjoyable reading Your posts/threads.
I`ll keep a eye out for Your vids; might prove innersetingk to say the least.even if You do a walkup and hitum good an hard. :rotfl:
10 years 5 months ago #30439

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

I know right. Has me thinking I might want one of them silly scatter guns.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
10 years 5 months ago #30441

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!