Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

• Sharkey
  • Sharkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Life Member
  • Life Member
  • Playgirl's Center-fold of the Century
  • Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

Well it was a decent day. No 3 inch groupings at 100 yards or anything but blew off some serious lead just the same. About 140 slugs downrange and did some time trials with some buckshot and get 9 3 inch buckshot downrange in 2.2 seconds which was a decent time for essentially 81 projectiles... :)

Took a photo of the truck and 1 photo of a target I shot just for accuracy's sake at 100.

Ran home, got the boy suited up and watched his team bring home another victory at 20-13 which brings em to 6-0.

My buddy happened to grab a 5 foot Black Racer that I brought home to show the boys and then we let it go out by an old shed I like em to stay out of anyway. My wife was pretty happy we didn't have anything to keep it in... :laugh:

A pretty good day all around. Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. I'm hoping things will get back to normal after we finish the season. Till then, I'll try and stop in when I can.

Sharkey
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 5 months ago #29319

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

You will like the Ram. Just a good no nonsense truck. Glad you had a good day. Saw my son, he's doing well. Coming home at Thanksgiving to deer hunt with Dad.
10 years 5 months ago #29322

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

I LIKE THAT SHOTGUN !!!!!!
Is there any way to modify a Browning semiouto so it can dodat toooo ????
My son has a Browning and lives in Alaska, I think His is a semiauto.
I sent Him the link for the youtube and also the link to see this thread.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 5 months ago #29355

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

I haven't seen too many brownings in the tactical shotgun forums to be honest but I honestly don't spend a lot of time looking around for other semi autos unless they are something VERY special or possibly better than what I have which is a short list.

I've stated before MM, I waited probably 20 years or so to finally drop the coin for a Benelli and still have my old Remington 1100 that (oddly enough) I made to LOOK just like an M4 years before they ever came out. Fixed pistol grip/shoulder stock and all other than there is no rail or anything on it but it's also all black and holds 7 rounds. Damn nice gun but it's on ice now and fully retired.

It's the coin that makes the Benelli M4 a big decision but I can say, since I threw the doe for it, I have never ONCE regretted it. These things will blow round after round all day long with nary a hiccup and come back askin for more.

Heck, right off the shelf, even without the mods I've made and just with the ghost ring sights it is badass never mind once you start putting goodies on it... ;)
10 years 5 months ago #29358

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Hey Guys where ya been?? lol

Yea, I'm still alive.

Went shooting last weekend and nailed a 16 inch gong from 200 yards with the M4 - 6 out of 10 shots using a bipod and just a reflex site.

The guys I was with didn't think it would even reach and I was surprised I hit so well myself.

One of them thought I'd be aiming it like artillery but my point of aim was actually only about 2 to 3 feet above and to the left with a light wind and the very first shot was a hit and I was off to the races.

I was thinking about using 2 cameras to make a clip of it from behind me and then from right near the gong with another camera. Thought it'd be neat just to combine them and see how it comes out.

How's everyone holding up?
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 5 months ago #29815

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

Yeah we used to have a guy come round here went by that name. Old fart and little girl sorta rolled into one. Just sorta walked off into the sunset with his benelli, like kane on kung-fu but with a shot gun. Been pretty quiet around here ever since.

I gotta give it to you, 200 with a shotty is dang good. My cousin had a tarhunt bolt action slug gun that I want to say didn't do much better.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
10 years 5 months ago #29832

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

You keep on with stories like that, your gonna have me shopping for a new slug gun. Good to see you back on the forum.
10 years 5 months ago #29834

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

I spoke with one of my friends that was with me that day and he's gonna try and hunt down another digital video camera and we'll see if we can't work up a little video of it.

I'm think maybe I'll even put a human silhouette target down there and see how I fair from that kinda distance.

It's crazy too because the reflex sight I'm using is nothing more than an Amazon $30 jobbie-due and it absolutely kicks ass. I've probably dumped 500 rounds through the M4 with that thing on there and it just keeps going and going.

And by the way, I DID buy it through our AR10T.com portal which I hope you are ALL using when shopping Amazon. The site gets a cut and it doesn't change the price a bit. If you're not using it already, here's the link - set it up....www.amazon.com/?ref=ar10-20
10 years 5 months ago #29841

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic My 10 Shot Benelli M4 - one of a kind...

The deer here in Iowa wouldn't stand a chance with that accuracy! I wonder what the game warden would say about a 10 shot M-4 :ohmy:
Is that a Tru-Glo sight? I've been pleasantly surprised with the products I've gotten from them as well as the customer service.
Good to see you around again Sharkey, I'm looking forward to the video. :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 5 months ago #29846

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

It's a Global Sportsman Tactical CQB Awesomest Combat Masters Only (yea, it's gotta lotta those special words that Lebben loves so much :laugh: ) Sight that goes for a whopping $28.95. Heck, I've got 4 of em now and even zeroed one of them for my AR10.

I picked one up once just to play with it and see if I wanted to throw coin on a REAL one and I'm so happy with these, I did the math and I'd actually have to go through like 17 of these before buying a good for $500 would be worth it. I haven't broken or lost zero in a single one yet.

The ONLY thing I have found I need to do when I first get it is lock-tite one little plug type allen screw on the left side of the site. I had one back out on me and there is a small pin and spring inside that I found laying on the shooting bench one day. I slowly took another one apart, put it back together the same way with some lock-tite and no more issues whatsoever. It appears to be some kind of tensioner for the windage adjustments. Funny too cuz I never actually lost zero while it was out but OR after I put it all back in but I also don't know how long it had been laying there.

Like I said though, I've got 4 of em now and they are pretty darn good for what they are. :)

Oh yea, there WAS a couple of guys that showed up at the range one day and one had an AR15 with a brand new EOTECH he had just bought. I had the M4 laying on a bench in the 100 yard shed with one of these on it and was firing the AR10 in the 200 yard shed while my M4 cooled a bit.

I walked in and he started going on about finally throwing the money for the EOTECH and paid just under $600 for it.

I just went "wow, I paid like $30 bucks for this one and it's lasted for hundreds of rounds on my M4 and I am pretty happy with it" and then picked up the M4, shot a human silhouette target offhanded for 10 chest hits at 100 yards, set it down, picked up my empties, wished him luck with his new site and then went back to my AR10 again.

I came back over to my M4 after a few shots and they were gone and even left their brass all over the floor.

I wonder if it was something I said.... :laugh:
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 5 months ago #29853

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!