Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

New Member Introductions!

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:New Member Introductions!

I just want to say that YOU guys are all doing a great job of welcoming our new members....Donkey, 2fast and the rest of .....Keep up the good work...and thanks...sorry I have not been around alot...things have been busy...thanks again...to all... B)
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 11 months ago #4427

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by donkey1984 on topic Re:New Member Introductions!

Thanks BMS. But its not just your job to welcome people you are allowed to have a life as well :laugh:
13 years 11 months ago #4443

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Maestro Pistolero on topic Re:New Member Introductions!

I just fired my new "T" for the first time today. I am just using iron sights at this point. I have a LaRue Flip rear, and a Midwest Industries gas-block mounted Flip front, HK style.

I spent about 4 hours with it, breaking in the barrel, cleaning the barrel every shot at first then every 3 shots for awhile.

Incredibly, the BUIS were bang-on the dot with the first shot. I was zeroing at 43.5 yards for a 200 meter crossover. First shot, right in the middle of the bull!

There were no hiccups whatsoever with American eagle 150 gr boat tails, and 168 grain boat tail hollow points.

I guess it's been quite awhile since I fired a 7.62, I think I had a little more muscle on my shoulder back in my M1A days, cause I'm gonna be feeling it tomorrow!

Love my new "T". Now, to save up for a nice Nightforce scope. . .
13 years 11 months ago #4445

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by donkey1984 on topic Re:New Member Introductions!

Well welcome to the group Maestro Pistolero! I can tell you from experience that it is not uncommon for us to fall in love with our "T's"!!!
13 years 11 months ago #4447

Hey Donkey,......I am .... :huh: :lol:
Dang, I better get started then... :woohoo:
I ain't getting any younger..... :laugh: :laugh:
Thanks again for all your hard work...to all... B)
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 11 months ago #4454

Replied by augiedog40 on topic Re:New Member Introductions!

Hello Martin...and all members !

I am so glad you started this web page ! Now I know where all of my AR-10T questions can be answered !

Thanks, Bruce
13 years 10 months ago #4459

Replied by SquigmanFraud on topic Re:New Member Introductions!

Hello, my name is Tony. I picked up my first AR-10 a couple month's back and am going to shoot it this weekend for the first time. It's a AR-10A2. I have heard they can be particular about the ammo being used, things like it has to be NATO ammo not .308 and that certian head stamps of surplus NATO ammo will cause miss feeding and even worse a blow up? This came from a list of good and bad surplus ammo another site had posted, I can't for the life of me find that list now. The ammo I have is stamped DAG, this was supposed to be good as I rember.

Is there any truth to this, what ammo do you use? I'm not going for real accuracy just want to plink and have some fun with it.

Also if this is posted in the wrong section I'm sorry, let me know I'll move it.

Thanks,
Tony
13 years 10 months ago #4507

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:New Member Introductions!

Well Tony the 308 ammo is the higher pressure over the NATO ammo. The revirse for the 223. Use good 308 ammo leave all that other stuff for FALs and G3s. Dont make to much out of NATO stuff it fits your chamber. Your rifle will shoot both and it has a good 308 chamber.MSH
13 years 10 months ago #4509

Welcome Squigman...Looks like you are going to be having a good time...I remember when I got mine and started to shoot it...I couldn't get enough rounds to go down range in the time allotted..
What MSH said is quite correct...Leave the "surplus" ammo for the Zombies...or mag dumps....Some one said to me once...shoot it like you mean it....ArmaLite suggests 150 to 175 gr with 168 optimum...
The Ammo I used to break mine in was Hornady 168gr A-max or the BTHP Match...alos 168gr...if you want accuracy then season it with High Quality ammo...if the factory specs are good enough...then use the lesser stuff..Meaning I have pulled .5 MOA @ 100 yards using that ammo...so I am happy...but fedeal classic won't pull it...so there you have it..
Again welcome to the site...
BMS

13 years 10 months ago #4513

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by txlongshotb4 on topic Re:New Member Introductions!

Hello to you Martin,and hello to all of the other members and guests here as well.

I am a Staff Sergeant in the Army,a B-4 qualified sniper,and a long time shooter of any and everything that goes bang.As I am sure that all of you are aware,the Army recently accepted the M-110,a.k.a.Knight's Armament SR-25 with modifications,as the new replacement to the old(but still very worthy)M-24. I graduated sniper school prior to the fielding of the M-110,and as of yet,I have not had the chance to get my dirty little mitts on one.

I am deployed right now-figured I would get myself one more trip in to Iraq before the party ends,and I have a tradition-I build a new rifle after every deployment...And tonight,I just sent $1775.00 of my hard earned dollars to my FFL guy back home,to have a new Armalite AR-10 with some upgraded furniture awaiting my arrival back in Texas.While I am not looking to faithfully reproduce the M-110,I am using it as a base line off of which to build this rifle.

And so that brings me here,because a B-4 designator doesn't make me too good to ask...I am in uncharted territory here.I am and have been a bolt gunner for a long time.I have had more than my fair share of trigger time behind M-4/M-16/AR-15 platforms,but the more I dive into the rhelm of the AR-10,the more I am finding out that this is a horse of a different color.

I am sure that I will pester the forum community with a wide array of questions and what ifs before I try to take off my training wheels here,and I will always greatfully accept any and all wisdom that any of you care to pass along my way.

So,that's my introduction folks...I look forward to the discussion and enlightenment,and I hope all of you are well!
13 years 10 months ago #4550

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!