Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Real Shooting

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Real Shooting

Took that nasty M-80 Ball (Machine Gun Ammo) and put it to good use. Put about 20 rounds down range to get the dope for it. Here is the video
. Will post some more later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 6 months ago #42648

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Real Shooting

Nice shooting :twothumbs:
Thanks for the video, at least I can watch a friend shoot :) One day less on my sentence!
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 6 months ago #42649

Thanks JT, I forgot about the move. Soon enough you will be back from purgatory and shooting it up. I am getting ready for coyotes this weekend. Had two phone calls in the last week from people wanting me to come out and take care of them. I am going to look at a camp in a few minutes. They want them gone before opening day on Nov 15th. I will post some video out to 1k next week if the weather holds.
9 years 6 months ago #42650

My son and daughter watched the video and informed me that I couln't count and was hard of hearing. I guess I hit 8 out of 9 according to the experts.
9 years 6 months ago #42654

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Real Shooting

I did only see dirt fly once, never even thought to count.
How big a plate was it?
I've been able to keep M-80 ball on a car door at 800 in the past, must have took me 20 rounds to get the dope though!
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 6 months ago #42655

The plate is 10x14, I rammed the legs of the saw horse into the ground pretty far so it wouldn't flip over when the plate got swinging. The M-80 ball was shooting about 2 moa through most of my testing, defiantly not good enough for 1 moa steel but what the heck. when I went to the range I zeroed it at 100 and proceeded to 600m plate and got 3 out of 5 at 600. I drove down and checked the impacts and adjusted the numbers that I had on my drop chart by 1MOA from 13 MOA to 14MOA and came back and made that video. So at 600 its keeping inside of 2 moa. That's good enough for me, I bought the stuff for 25 cents a round a couple of years ago. I will take it to a thousand next week, that means I will need a 20x20 target. I will place it in the water so you can see the misses along with the hits if it even makes it that far without destabilizing to bad. I know the Winchester ST 168 and heavier will make it , but this stuff I don't know.
9 years 6 months ago #42657

Been going to the range 1-2 times a week last month and doing twice as much dry firing. Doing a lot of rifle drills and positional stuff. next month going to try and dispose of 200-300 rounds and stay on the same schedule. Who else is shootying out there.
9 years 5 months ago #42960

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Real Shooting

Not me unfortunately. Life has been crazy busy. I did bick up some 45 degree offset BUIS, and will be putting them on as soon as the gas block adapters show up. Also got a nifty magazine loader especially made for AR10 B Gen II magazines. Will report on it after I try it.
9 years 5 months ago #42961

Sisco - your going to like those 45 BUIS, they are the S&^%. If something comes in close like 20-50y you just twist it and take the shot.
9 years 5 months ago #42970

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by dickn52 on topic Real Shooting

I sure hope that someone is paying you for your pain and suffering.
9 years 5 months ago #43056

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!