Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Real Shooting

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Real Shooting

I've even got the G-son shooting the cap gun just to smell the powder not quite the same, but does the job and I always get the bang bang effect too! :rotfl:
AKAI
9 years 4 months ago #43557

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Real Shooting

JT not soon enough , perhaps you can expound on the tragedy that occurred there and how the people feel about the new laws.
Akai that's all good, developing the bonds is what its all about.
9 years 4 months ago #43558

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Real Shooting

I just stay to myself here in Provincetown. I have this thing about saying exactly what I think that doesn't ingratiate me here.....this zipcode has the highest number of "same sex" couples in the country and they are VERY proud of it( not meant as a condemnation I just don't care for sexuality being shoved down my throat, that's private stuff), they don't issue weapons permits to non-residents, they are scared of black rifles and the people who own them, and I can't even buy a Guns & Ammo magazine here let alone find an issue of Recoil, some sort of a purgatory for a farm boy from Iowa..............
You can buy as big and as many pressure cookers as you want here at the hardware store........they don't find that funny though.....
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by jtallen83.
9 years 4 months ago #43559

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Ranchwagon on topic Real Shooting

I just don't understand "those" people.

I guess I am thankful I live where I do.

Hadn't been out to the range in a long while, did away with 4 boxes of .45ACP in my Kimber. Pretty happy with my off hand shooting, kept most of them in a coffee cup sized group at 15 yards. Nothing fancy, just making sure I could still hit the broad side of the barn.
9 years 4 months ago #43561

JT- What a weird place, I will have to take note as I travel in that area next summer. Maybe scope out a local gun range and see if those feelings pervade the entire populace of the enchanted kingdom.
9 years 4 months ago #43563

The few people I have met from west of Boston seem to be fairly conservative. P-town is a constant source of off-color jokes.
They do seem to be ambivalent about their loss of Liberty when it comes to weapons. A popular phrase I hear often is "That's taxachusetts for ya." I've heard them mention going to New Hampshire for firearms fun.
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 4 months ago #43567

Finally made it to the range for a quickie yesterday. Didn't have much time so I only got 150 rounds off, 50 9mm in my P938 and 100 45 ACP in my 1911. Skills get rusty when you don't shoot or even handle a weapon for a couple months! My brain wanted to jump right into my usual fast pace but the body didn't respond as usual. Once I slowed down and walked myself back to the fundamentals the steel started ringing again but I'm way off my usual hit rates.
I'm hoping to drag out a rifle or two today, ammo was a popular gift for me this year so I've got brass to burn! My goal is to get at least 500 rounds downrange before I have to return to the peoples republic..........
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 4 months ago #43862

Made it out to the range again today, 100 9mm and 100 5.56. I was getting 8-10 inch groups with the P938 at 15 yards, seems to be about as good as the pistol will do, resting on a bench gets maybe 6 inches. Had much better luck with my Armalite upper build. Two 5 shot groups to re-zero for the ZQ1 ammo and then went 77 out of 80 on 5 inch round steel at 100 yards :twothumbs:
I got in a hurry and pulled 2, the third was my first malfunction with the rifle, a failure to feed;

The round was jammed into the lugs, the base never made it to the bolt face. I'm not sure why but it may be due to my lack of cleaning, 400+ rounds since it was cleaned, guess I'll clean her up tonight. Even with the cold, windy, and wet weather it feels great to be back on a range! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 4 months ago #43872

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Good shooting Jt. Took the kids out and shot the 45's , slow fire and barracade shooting out to 30M. Was coaching the kids not paying attention to my own target,trying to stress good grip and basics. I put thirty rounds into on ragged hole. I think it was the distraction of trying to instruct the kids that just kept me loose and uncaring. Its amazing what we can do if we don't hold ourselves back with what is between our ears.
9 years 4 months ago #43875

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Real Shooting

Isn't that the new rd, 5.56 WSSM (Win Super Short Mag)?
9 years 4 months ago #43883

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!