Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

My.... I thought was real good....... And your so polite.... I should practice that....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lizardette
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by magi.
10 years 10 months ago #25266

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Moreau on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

"made out of UnObtanium" I :rotfl: 'd! I love this site.
10 years 10 months ago #25274

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

Once upon a time, I wasn't quite so polite. Eventually I figured out that it really hindered meaningful exchange of information, and made people less likely to share in return.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlotziii, jtallen83, 10before15, faawrenchbndr, Siscowet, magi
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Lizardette.
10 years 10 months ago #25282

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

you should have more thank you's... than me... but you dont... life is so unfair...
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlotziii, 10before15, Lizardette
10 years 10 months ago #25342

• Thank you received: 99

Replied by 10-76 on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

The saying goes: buy once, cry once. Save some cash and get the AR-10T.

I've only shot the DPMS stuff on agency training days: not my money/rifle/ammo., and never will be. I'm sure there is a tuner out there who has all the fixes for DPMS, somewhere.

My personal 5.56 is a Colt LE6920 for many reasons, and my AR platform bigger bore will be an AR10T when it arrives, for very similar reasons per quality.

However, MHO being spat out, you are in the right place for research and reading.
10 years 10 months ago #25701

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by OTTOBOTZ on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

I appreciate y'all's feed back. No offense has been taken and really do like the feed back. Since serving in 82nd Airborne and working in the RailRoad I have developed thick skin. With that being said:

I am leaning towards the Armalite AR10. The only problem is when I go to their site they only list two of their ARs that take the PMAGs. Also, if I was to order a rifle from them how long will it take to recieve the order? Our local dealer has two Armalites for sell, one is a DI and the other is a gas block. Both are selling for around $1400. Which would be a better buy? The gas block offered, is it adjustable? The one I like on the site has a SS barrel and 1:10' and goes for $1800 or $1900.

Does anyone have any experience with Fulton-Armory? I like that side charger. How about CMMG?
These run around the same price as the Armalite. The only cheaper ones were Bushmaster and DPMS.

Oh yeah, I can shoot. Thats why I am looking for a challange.
10 years 10 months ago #25860

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

Well Airborne to Chairborne here is my advice:

Sounds like you are looking for a Hog gun + White Tail, then I am guessing you live in Texas where we have no shortage of either.

Direct impingement: Yes, yes and yes. Don't get me wrong pistons systems are good and they work, we have stuff in our inventory that uses a piston system. Why Stoner did not, I have no idea as I am sure he knew. The rest of the stuff out with pistions all have one single drawback... proprietary systems. Need a part, then go back to XYZ Guns R Us, oops they are no longer in business or sold out to another company.

I called my Hog guy while back and asked him about hunting with the 5.56. He told me I "better bring a backup gun". Shooting the young <100 lbs hogs is one thing, but coming across a 300 + lb hog is another and we got no shortage of big'uns here in Texas.

One of the best things to ever happen to hunting rifles or any gun IMO is SS bbls. When I was stationed at Ft Benning for Inf OAC one of my buddies who was also my neighbor had a corvette, so did I. Behind the seats there are some boxes for storage. He and I went down to the Ft Benning Gun club and we each bought a S&W, his in Blue mine in SS (forgot which model we bought) His like mine was to be a car gun. About a year pass by and we are both on orders and packing out. We are out sorting out our cars for trips across the US. Our driveways are parallel and we are drinking beer and shooting the BS as we prepare for load out. I dig out my gun just to check it out, its fine. He pulls his out and I hear a scream. I look up and that S&W looks like a piece of rusted metal. Those boxes behind the seats have drain holes, we went thru a winter out there along with some salted roads and rain...need I say more. I have been a believer in SS ever since and I suspect so has he.

My AR10T has a 20" bbl and I wish it was shorter, say 18" and I wish it was lighter. This is a gun that if you run out of ammo you can butt stoke what ever you are after and its going DOWN! So in my plans is to have my bbl cut down to 18" and to have it fluted to cut some weight off. If you are going for hog and WT deer your world is less than 300m unless you are in W Tex then you are chasing Muley and you might want to go with the 24" bbl and Big Scope.

Sure I like the AR 10, I bought one. AR10T, suggest you do same, while I like PMags I would not let that drive my choice of guns. The AR 10 has a good record no matter the mags used with the gun by model.

Last but not least: ArmaLite makes a statement on its own. Kinda like when I rode up on my Harley, don't matter what you ride, Harley speaks loud and strong. Can you buy faster, quicker and even better? Sure but it ain't a Harley! Can you get a more TactiKool gun, more this, more that, sure, but no matter it ain't ArmaLite, they wrote the book on AR!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OTTOBOTZ
10 years 10 months ago #25875

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

Don't let the P-mag thing drive your choice unless you already have a large supply of them on-hand. The Gen-II ArmaLite mags are as finely made as the rifle. I'm somewhere near 800 rounds in my basic flat top model and never had a malfunction of any sort, this is with a large variety of ammo types tested. Even with the cheapest surplus ammo the rifle has performed well above the accuracy standard guaranteed.
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Siscowet, OTTOBOTZ
10 years 10 months ago #25879

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

Well dammit.......I guess I am a .308 pattern guy now!

Got the LMT MWS308 today.........darn sweet set up!
1st time trying the shop mod stock......VERY comfortable!
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 10 months ago #25884

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by OTTOBOTZ on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

SAND HILL, I remember Ft. Benning! That is exactly how I feel, 18", SS, Fluted. And yes I am from a small town in W. TX. Marfa, TX to be exact. But moved to Tucson, AZ. Still got a lot of ties back in GODs country, and even farther south. That is what I was planning to go after, White Tail, Muley and smaller game here in AZ. Hog and Antelope in TX. I thought it would be cool to find a .300 rem saum upper later on for elk and game at farther dist.

All you need now is a crystal ball, you can make money at that! LOL
10 years 10 months ago #25920

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!