Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by OTTOBOTZ on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

How does Armalite AR "Limited Life Time Warranty"?

Still eyeballing that AR 10TBNF, and the AR 10TCBNF! 16" or 20"? Which way to go? But I will have to search for one or order one. I need to call them and see how long the wait will be.

They have two AR 10A4BF at a local shop for $1400, but I would really like to get what I want. I will see what I can find out there and talk to Armalite. As soon as I get one I will post pics.
10 years 10 months ago #25922

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

ArmaLite has great customer service in my experience. The one time I dealt with them they wouldn't say goodbye till I said I was happy! My issue was purely cosmetic, if I'd have shot the rifle first I wouldn't have even bothered them.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 10 months ago #25924

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

Correct me if I'm wrong:

If you can get an AR10B lower, you can put whatever (AR compatible) upper you want on it. No need to let the configuration of a complete rifle get in your way.
10 years 10 months ago #25925

• Thank you received: 111

Replied by SOC on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

If you plan on getting a 300 RSAUM upper make sure you go with the rifle that takes Armalite mags. You can't get P-Mags to run the RSAUM reliably.

Armalite Gen II 5 and 10 rounders work without modification for the RSAUM.

You can modify a 15 round Gen II by trimming back the feed lips and modifying the follower.

I plan on making a DIY on mad modification for the 300 RSAUM but I need a few more 15 rounders.
10 years 10 months ago #25930

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

WOW Marfa, bud you need something with a 36" bbl and a night scope, you gotta shoot out those Marfa lights. You are out in 1000M country LOL.

Got a bud out that way and he built a gun mount that locks his Mdl 70 Win down and from his upper deck he pops them out to 1500M. Not sure what his longest shot is but its way out there on that ranch. I told him he need a Laser rifle. I would kid him saying that by the time he got in his Jeep to go get that game he shot the meat had already spoiled, he needed to hunt up a little close to the house... :rotfl:
10 years 10 months ago #25954

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by OTTOBOTZ on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

Well fellas I did it. Just bought a Armalite 10A4CBF. It is the 16"carbine. Not exactly what I was looking for but thought it would be a good platform to create what i want to do with it. I bought it today but have to wait 10 days to pick it up. Life time warranty, gas block and it is an A model, so it can take the PMAGs.

I plan on doing a barrel change to a 18"-20" SS, A trigger job, Muzzle break, chrome bolt and upgrade the buffer and full free float tube. Ofcoarse this is being planned for the future, with in the next year.

So next question for y'all is what sites are good for these upgrades? Who makes good barrels? Mabybe even a complete uppers for this rifle?

One more question, the gas block that came on my rifle, is it an adjustable gas block?
10 years 10 months ago #26552

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

The gas block is not adjustable as far as the amount of gas it allows through. Here are the details from Armalite;www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=10A4CBF
Check their tech notes for more details than any one man can remember, mortal anyway, we've got a few immortals here so stay tuned!

I would shoot the snot out of it and then give your upgrades more thought. You might decide you really don't want or need any upgrades. If you do it sounds like an ArmaLite T upper would meet most of your requirements. Things like a chrome bolt, if I'm not mistaken Armalite already chromes where it counts, anything else would be more bling than bang, IMHO.
I'm sure others will be along shortly to give you a more thorough answer. Have a blast with the new rifle! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by jtallen83.
10 years 10 months ago #26553

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

Congratulations Ottobotz! You will like it. Wise advice JT is giving you. I have a standard A4, and try as I might, I haven't seen the need for major modifications yet. Shoot the dickens out of it first, and get to know it well. They make a hell of a rifle straight from the factory.
10 years 10 months ago #26555

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Armalite's AR-10 vs, DPMS LR-308

I agree with the others, before you start modding the rifle, get some trigger time with it first. If you're going to go to a longer barrel, I would look at a 20" over an 18", because the MV difference between 18 and 20 isn't too significant.
RLTW
10 years 10 months ago #26580

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!