Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

• Thank you received: 0

Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now was created by Hillbilly1053

For reasons I may not want to contemplate, I am discovering that ARMALITE Inc. is buried and will not answer the phone, nor can I order online.

I was wanting to purchase four 25 round cap mags.

The ARMALITE site says 'Call to order'. Then the site says don't call because they are too busy. Does this mean they only sell these mags to law enforcement?

Also, are there other mag manufactureres that are of good reputation for qulity and dependability?

Thanks!
15 years 3 months ago #828

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Policeman on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

They are just like everyone else and swamped with attempting to get caught up with all their backorders. Keep an eye out and you will find your mags. I caught 4 for regular retail (44.95) the other day at one of the off brand stores.

Po-Po
15 years 3 months ago #829

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

I'm still fascinated that so many companies didn't plan ahead for this surge.
15 years 3 months ago #849

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by donkey1984 on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

yeah that is a good point dude.
15 years 3 months ago #852

Replied by Hillbilly1053 on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

Armalite called me today in response to an email contact regarding 25 round cap mags. They have accepted the order, and promptly back-ordered it, with an estimated delivery date smoetime in May or early June. FYI folks.
15 years 2 months ago #975

Replied by 308WILLDO on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

Good news i received an email from armalite stating they will have mags back in stock in may so we just have to wait
15 years 2 months ago #978

Replied by HardCase on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

I'm just kind of curious how many mags you guys think a person needs. No, not being a wisenheimer here, truly curious. I have shot AR15s for decades and (at least since my Army days) have never really had the need for more than two at any given time. Even in 3-Gun matches two is plenty. I've got a couple dozen AR15 mags, have just accumulated them over the years, but it seems like I always use the same two old beaters, 20 round Colts picked up used at a gun-show back in the late 70s with yellow paint on them, and one Orlite 30. The others are in the store-room.

So when I got the AR10 it came with two 20s, and I promptly ordered two of the new 25s from Armalite.....this was before the big election rush, so they came right away, but I have yet to use them and, if I'm honest, wonder when or if I will. Short of some major calamity where I found myself barricaded in my home holding off the brain-eating zombies, I'm not sure that I even need them. No, they aren't for sale!! But I was wondering what people think about multiple mags?
15 years 2 months ago #1023

Replied by 308WILLDO on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

i have always heard 5 mags for a pistol and ten for a rifle that way if something would happen you would have backups and if they are ever banned you have got them.
15 years 2 months ago #1024

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Scaup58 on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

I e-mailed Armalite an order for two 25 & two 4 rnd. mags on Jan. 13 telling them that I knew they were swamped so just put me on the list and when ever it happens thats fine. They e-mailed me a response in 2 days stating that they would call for payment info when they were ready to ship. Last Thursday I got a call from them saying that they were ready to ship! Shure glad I didn't pay some scalper $175 a piece for them on Gunbroker! As to the question of how many do you need, I will have two 4's, one 10, one 20 and two 25's. I figure that covers me for hunting, ACTS shoots and if the Zombie's attack, my wife & son know how to load mags. On the other hand, a couple dozen might be a better investment than stocks!
15 years 2 months ago #1025

Replied by HardCase on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

You may have a point on the investment aspect. Definitely better than the stock-market right now. Lots of stuff in short supply.

I had thought about getting a smaller mag for hunting, but here in Montana there are not mag-size restrictions for big game.
15 years 2 months ago #1027

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!