Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

ACTS for the win :) heh, zombies :)

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

All I can say is I'm glad I ordered a pair of Basic Load sets of 20 rounders last year. I can't stomach looking at prices of anything these days.

I do have a "novelty" 30 round M14 mag... I've contemplated doing the armalite compatability mod to it, not for any real useful purpose, other than the challenge/experience of doing the conversion without messing up anything more worthy.
15 years 2 months ago #1053

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Scaup58 on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

Just got my mags from Armalite today! Man those 25's are long, I almost like the 20 better for handling. Now all I need is weather so I can play! My 20 is a converted M14 mag, doesn't look much different than the gen.II except for the bolt catch activation part. The 5 rounders disappear in the mag well, sitting well below flush. The 25's should make good coyote mags. Crux, are there still mod kits floating around? I'd seen those 30 rounders and thought about trying to mod one too, they could double as a monopod!
15 years 2 months ago #1060

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by ChrisC on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

i searched and found some at gunbroker.com, kinda like a gun ebay. not sure what state ur from and ur capasity laws. they seemed to be reasonalbe. i tried to order, but even being law enforcement they still wouldnt send them to me in ca. the best state to be a convict in lol.
15 years 2 months ago #1067

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

Yea to be honest I like the 20 round magazines best, good combination of capacity and size. The 25s just looked too cumbersome for me. I haven't seen the conversion kits on Armalite's site, but was tempted to request some, or at least the follower on an upcoming order. It looks like a relatively easy conversion but I've never found a good photo walkthrough of it. Might try that if I go ahead with the project.

Like I said, I view the 30 as a novelty item, though if I ever decide to take the AR-10 to an ACTS match, the 30 round might be fun to try. I still say anything over 20 is bulkier than I'd prefer in general though.
15 years 2 months ago #1078

Replied by 308WILLDO on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

you cant get the modified followers anymore i have tried about all u can do is take the follower out of a five or ten round mag i have a few of the modified mags for sale
15 years 2 months ago #1081

Replied by Hoss0013 on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

Hey,
I read somewhere that with some slight, although permament modification to the magazine well(?) one can use 20 round M14/M1A(?) magazines. I have yet to acquire one to see what exactly would be needed, but am seriously considering it as they're always cheaper and in more supply. In the latest CTD catalogue, DPMS 19 round AR10 mags are $100!!! WTF, over- nevermind having to find a site with them in stock these days. Maybe the answer to getting a appropriate supply of mags (around 12 would be nice, but not for $1200!!) is making a concession with a slight mod for a more plentiful product. Anyone else heard of such a thing?
Hoss
15 years 2 months ago #1100

Replied by 308WILLDO on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

you do not have to modify the mag well it already is i have some of the converted mags but they no longer make the followers to go in them about all you could do now is take the follower out of 5 or ten round mags i have a few mags i'm trying to sell
15 years 2 months ago #1104

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by featherblue on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

M-14 mags.

You can get instructions on how to rework M-14 magazines to work in the AR-10 mag well from the Armalite web site. Not too difficult as I read the instructions.
15 years 2 months ago #1105

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by AZMM on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

Yeah, the AR10 mag situation kind of burst my balloon regarding this platform. Instead of buying 2 to 3 more AR10s as planned this year I've decided to switch over to the M14 platform since the mags are readily available for it.

No matter how good a pratical rifle platform is, its worthless without a sufficient supply of mags. Armalite shot themselves in the foot by not stocking up beforehand on AR10 mags for what should've been a obvious demand increase since last summer.
15 years 1 month ago #1129

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by featherblue on topic Re:Can't Buy Magazines from Armalite Right Now

FYI

M-14 mags in the AR-10----

It's very easy to modify M-14 mags to function perfectly in the AR-10.

Armalite even has the complete instructions at their web site.
15 years 1 month ago #1130

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!