Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Benelli Shotguns

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by tangy003 on topic Benelli Shotguns

and yes I did go to a gun show in Tuckerton NJ this year and got the hat signed in person.
11 years 4 months ago #15055

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sharkey
  • Sharkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Life Member
  • Life Member
  • Playgirl's Center-fold of the Century
  • Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Benelli Shotguns

That's a seriously sparkly gun right there Tangy. (forgive me I kind of cringe a bit every time I call you "Tangy"..lol)

Have you tried the "threw 5 clays into the air and shoot-em trick yet? Or more? Or less?

And thanks for the pics. We here at AR10t SHORE do be likin us pichas of guns and ryyyfuls... :thumbs:

My wife and I have shot skeet with my M4 and it will definitely do the job although the ghost ring sights make it a little tougher to find the clay fast so you have to sort of wing it on doubles and just hope for the best.

I was cheating and just got the pattern down of where they crossed and would get em both with that first shot... My buddy told me that doesn't count but I told him I was using "nato rules" where as long as the enemy gets killed, it still goes on the count sheet. :)
11 years 4 months ago #15056

Then just call me Ted.No I haven't tried throwing several clays at one time.I have enough trouble hitting one at a time.LOL
11 years 4 months ago #15058

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Ted it is then... :thumbs:

So how does your Benelli compare at the skeet range to the other guns you see guys using?

I know when I show up with my M4 it seems like it gets far more attention than I usually prefer so my buddy and I try to go during "off" times when not too many people are around and I'll usually leave the AR10 in my SUV until we are ready to use it and it's "preferably" just us there.
11 years 4 months ago #15059

There are some entry level guns where I shoot and then there are the high upper end trap guns. I'm talking about $10.000,00 plus for a trap gun.the perazzi is a sweet gun. For now ill stick to my guns.(pun intended)
11 years 4 months ago #15063

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

10k for a trap gun...wwoooooff. I hope he makes money off the competitions with it. I know there are some MAJOR shooters out there though so that makes sense.

I'm pretty happy with what I've got though and won't be competing at anything less'n it's a "zombie count"... Then I'll be in all day... :laugh:
11 years 4 months ago #15064

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Was playing around and I took that damn front handle off and now think I have found a config that'll work well. Since I'm not really worried about doing anything but target shooting with it for a while, I thought I'd throw my cheapo 4X on there and see if it can handle the kick.

I LOVE these rubber rail covers and although the forend is now pretty thick, it's not really a big issue since, well, I DO happen to have big manly manly hands ya know... :) My wife actually likes the feel of it better right now as well so this is probably the way it'll stay other than flipping back and forth between the 4x and the Red/green dot. I CAN use the iron sights with either so it's a decent set-up. Gonna have ta blow off some slugs pretty soon... :)

Couple O shots of it now... (the bipod is there just for the pics but I'm thinking about using it for 100+ yard shots at the range just to see what my slugs can do for a grouping at that range)
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Sharkey.
11 years 4 months ago #15150

Nice!!
11 years 4 months ago #15152

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Thanks Ted. The only thing I really "aspire" to get for it someday would be the full length, titanium mag tube but that's a long way off. It's $200 bucks and since I can already load it to the same 9 rounds now, it's not really a priority at the moment.

I'm pretty damn happy with it though and it'll just blow ammo downrange all day and then some and even with the smooth bore is amazingly accurate.

I would consider it to be 1/2 again what my old Rem 1100 ever was as far as function and reliability. Hundreds of rounds and never had a single jam or issue...
11 years 4 months ago #15153

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Just got in 150 Federal Tru-ball slugs (1600fps - not the low recoil) so I'll be heading to the range with a bunch of those and my AR10 the 20th for some (probably very) COLD shooting. Can't wait to get this thing warmed up again. It loves to shoot... :)
11 years 3 months ago #15550

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!