Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Benelli Shotguns

• Sharkey
  • Sharkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Life Member
  • Life Member
  • Playgirl's Center-fold of the Century
  • Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Benelli Shotguns

I waited 25 years to retire my old Remington 1100 that I had built "way back when" (for Police use) and get one of these so when I finally threw the green, I knew I was gonna set it up right. Oddly enough, 25 years ago when I set up the 1100, it looked amazingly like the M4 did when THEY came out and now I have the real deal... :thumbs:

I'm VERY happy with it and removing the head of a human silhouette target out to 100 yards is just business as usual... :)
11 years 2 weeks ago #21513

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Two of my very BEST finds for this gun is the oversized bolt release pad and the full length mag tube.

While other guys are literally waiting up 6 MONTHS to get these items made in Titanium and willing to pay $120 plus shipping for the bolt release and $225 minimum for the full length mag tube, I found a site called Dave's Metal Works that had this little clip on oversized bolt release in parkerized stainless for $20 bucks AND the full length mag tube for $75. I wasn't sure about the bolt release but figured for $20 - what the heck. I am SO glad I did. It just clips onto the foregrip base and is PERECT. I've seen a number of guys complain about breaking the titanium ones which is why I never bother but oh MAN was I happy with both of these purchases and consider them a serious coup in light of the current market.

First photo is the original bolt release button which really was kinda tough on the fingers for my wife.

Then you see the new oversized release which is actually just a pad that sits OVER the button but with massively increased surface now and also very smooth. SUPER simple.

The old mag extension in this photo added weight which was not my wife's friend on this gun although I still had the full 9 round capacity.

Now with my new full length mag tube, weight is greatly reduced and enough so even I can feel it and my wife loves the new feel of the weight AND the new bolt release which is even easier for her to find when charging it now.

I've been hunting and searching for just the right parts for this gun for well over a year now and as far as I'm concerned, this will probably be the last shotgun I'll ever need although, if laws allow, I MAY get one more just so I have one for EACH of my sons when they get old enough and it's their turn to take care of Dear old Dad... :)
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Sharkey.
11 years 2 weeks ago #21527

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Redscout02 on topic Benelli Shotguns

OK so I don't know a lot about benelli shotguns what are the differances between them I see M2 and M4 are they both auto loaders? :bow:
11 years 2 weeks ago #21539

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Yes but the M2 is recoil operated and the M4 has a dual gas piston system called ARGO. I know of 1 guy on a forum who broke 10,000 rounds with an M4 he is testing and has never ONCE cleaned it. Very nice system and self cleaning... I don't know what he uses for lubricant or anything though.

Marines use em. Navy seals and I recently heard SF will be getting a bunch as well although they will use an M1014 which is the military version. Minor differences although I'm not sure what they are. Same general gun. :thumbs:
11 years 2 weeks ago #21541

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Redscout02 on topic Benelli Shotguns

Yeah I spend a lot of time today reading up on them both and reviews then call a friend up at Ft Lewis who is now a GS in procurement they are indeed or should are indeed using them.
I have been wanting another shotgun and this is at top of my list, I don't mine paying for a gun but I want to make sure it fill the bill. My buddy Dave has put me in touch with a couple fellows who are three gunners that are going to let me shoot them they have a couple of different models each one of which is a pump. I like a pump and have never had one fail. I won't say my old Ithaca is ready to retire but it is long in the tooth. The wife has taken over the Mossberg, but niether one will shoot the 3" shells which I would like to have the otion
11 years 2 weeks ago #21549

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

My M4 will do the 3" and I've not had a single miss-fire or jam with this gun from day one.

I've put roughly 500 rounds through it so far and love it more every single time I go.

My wife was even shooting skeet with it one day and she loved it.

I won't knock pumps at all but oh man, if you've ever wanted to shoot a semi auto that you could just fall in love with, this would be it.

I waited a very long time to throw the money for one and I can tell you that I have NEVER been disappointed or "less than happy" with my purchase.

These things really are all I hoped they would be... :)

PS. These are also "buffered" so it's a bit different feeling that the average recoil semi or pump-gun.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Sharkey.
11 years 2 weeks ago #21550

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Benelli Shotguns

Did you see that episode of 'sons of guns' where they made those Uber benelli guns?
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 2 weeks ago #21554

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

No I missed that one. I'll have to look for it on Hulu or something. I did see the episode of "Top Shot" when they were using them though. Nothing extraordinary done with them but they definitely spoke VERY well of them. :)
11 years 2 weeks ago #21577

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Benelli Shotguns

Sons of Guns – Season 3, Episode 14

www.dailymotion.com/video/xy7axj_sons-of...festyle#.UWqwz8q2VRw

Neat stuff. Almost made me want a shot gun.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
11 years 2 weeks ago #21611

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

I'll tell you what man. When it comes to urban assault situations and clearing houses, I would take the AA-12 over pretty much anything that shoots. Fill that 32 round drum mag full of buchshot and you could pretty much "hamburgurize" anything offensive in short order.

We've got church and then some Chinese food and then gonna zero in my oldest son's new pellet rifle and I'll take a photo of the piston system in the M4 later and post it in case anyone is interested. It's pretty cool and extremely reliable.

I'll break it down later and post a few views... :)
11 years 2 weeks ago #21613

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!