Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

Beginning to warm up here, I would`nt be surprised if it did`nt hit into the upper eighties today.
Cousins is coming over to try some fishing for Shovel Nose Sturgeon and some Catfish, guess it`ll be some fun in the sun sort of a wreak end. :busted:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 10 months ago #38774

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

Daytime mid 70's central NE and 40's at night, scattered thunderstorms. Beautiful weekend predicted :cheers: :twothumbs:
Getting the last of the morels for now. :S
But the Perch are in full feed and the two make a nice meal :thumbs:
AKAI
9 years 10 months ago #38792

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

The morels were nearly non-existent over here in the western Iowa hills this season :(
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 10 months ago #38796

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

Bumper crop over here on the ole Platte river bottom. Found 36 of them in about 45 minutes last weekend doing a little fishing on some sand pits. I guess everything has to be just right for them temp, moisture, cow pies ect. B)
AKAI
9 years 10 months ago #38797

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

:drool: morels is good :drool: perchs` is good :drool: and the sound of two together :drool: makes My mouth water :drool: :cheers: Hope I did`nt make too big a mess with all of the salivating.
Plan for tomorrow, get bait and ice, fill cooler with foood, hook to the camper and head for the Powder river, see if the sturgeon is running, throw in some set lines for some big cats too. stay there and come back to here on Sunday evening.
One cousin has a wedding to attend in Billings so He will go over there, another cousin and I will fish the Tongue river for more Sturgeons and catfish.
Monday, after the one cousin gets back from Billings, then We will take off for Rock Creek, over on the Fort Peck Dam {Largest earthfill dam in the world} and fish for Walleyes and Pike, maybe spend a night and a day then go over to Nashua where the other cousin has a house and a boat, We will be bringing a boat along too for the Walleye fishing at Rock Creek.
Then, We will be fishing along the dam, in the deep waters for Lake Trouts and anything else that wants to take the bait. :busted:
9 years 10 months ago #38801

Just set down to try and catch-up in here and I then remembered, I have a couple more thingds I needs to get done.
Boy-O-Boy, going fishingk fur a few days sure throws a man offt on his home doooties.
I`ll be back, I juz do`nt knows when. :woohoo: :cowboy: :wave:
9 years 10 months ago #39307

I think I should have stayed in Nashua, over at Ft. peck Dam, fishingk, seems when I gort home, I was smothered wit then honey~Dooz and so~forth.
Last summer, My nephew give Me this 91 Chevy pickumup, 1500 with a 35o cu.in. enjun, it had been giving Him the fits, ever-time He`d send a crew out with the thing, it`d quit running and He`d have to go and drag it back home. I thinking I now have the wiring sorted out and it has been very dependable, I told Mine nephew He could come~N~Getit, but OOOHHHH NOOOO, He said He give it to Me.
After I got home, My Step-Son informs Me He bought Me a pickup box size camper, not an overhead, so now, We are needing to do the journey to go and get that.
The pickup is filthy dirty, and, sometime or the other, the back glass had been busted out, replaced with a slider winder, so, I`m trying to get this thing cleaned up and start picking .22 booolitz out of the glass, I wound up with three 40 round boxes of American Eagle .22 shells, wooohoooo, almost like findingk gold nuggets. I even removed the back seat so I would`nt loose any cartridges in the shop vac.
Tomorrow, before We leave, I will also vacuum down the A/C system and then pumper full of freon, We need A/C in the fishing rig too. :rotfl:
Probably wo`nt get on tomorrow morning, I want to get this all done before We leave so it`ll be later.
9 years 10 months ago #39311

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

How did you do fishing? I am going after Lake Trout and Brown Trout on Friday.
9 years 10 months ago #39314

The fishing was excellent, the catching was slow. :busted: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
The Walleyes had moved from the shallow spawning beds back to the deeper water so there was`nt too many of those in the areas We were fishing.
We did catch about a 1/2 a dozen nice Pike, that was very good.
I was using a Rattling Rapala, about three inches long, painted like a perch with some feathers out the back end. I had a lot of hard hits on that lure, got one to hang on, about a three footer, got that fish hauled in, made about two more casts then, OOOOHHHH NNNNOOOOOOOoooooo, durn thing come untied, flew out about fourty foot from shore and sank. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: it was the only one of that shape and color I had in the box and seems like no matter what else I thre out there, nothing`d hitonit. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
So now, I am going out to the only sporting goods store in town and spending about eight bucks apiece and taking every one of them things that they have off of the shelf and buying it. That WAS a real hot lure. :busted: :rotfl:
one day the wind was bad, We could not possibly get onto the pond so We went to the "Base Pond" north of Glasgow, near the old Air Force Base, it was a pike a cast, could not keep them critters off the hook, but, they all had absolutely no size to them, catch and release.
I heard the F.W.& Parks had planted trouts into that pond, amongst all of the Northern Pikes, I bet them trouts lasted about ten minutes. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
All in all, it was a most excellent journey, really enjoyed the time with Mine second cousins, We were all raised together, just one house and an alley between all of us, and that middle house had some more of the childrens from the old neighbor hood, all raised in tarpaper shacks and Our folks never knew where the next meal would come from, but, they did not let us know just how poor We were, besides, We were too busy trying to catch fish, build forts and huts, along with the occasional dug out. Those were the "Good Old Days", but, these too are the good old days too. :cheers: :twothumbs: :I-agree: and I dooo tooo. :cowboy: :rotfl:
9 years 10 months ago #39324

HHHHMMMMMmmm, I wonder if it is too early to fire up the "Shop Vac." this morning, 5:55 A.M; I do`nt think it is any louder than a lear-jet taking off at full throttle. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Guess I better wait for a while huh. :busted:
OH well, that back seat out of that pickumup looks like someone had smashed an over-sized cupcake into the fabric, mashed in and dried, I`m thinking nothing less than the wire brush attachment onto the 5" right angle grinder`d get it offt`n there. :cheers: :busted: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :cowboy:
I shall be back.
9 years 10 months ago #39325

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!