Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

Good choice Sisco.

A feller had a shooooting bench advertised, He claimed New for 300 dollars, wanting 100, I did`nt do any haggling with Him, but, He said He could come down to 75, so I went for it, did`nt have change and neither did He nor His wifey soI give Him eighty fur it.

I am also working on making this old saddle rear cinch into a rifle sling. I have punched more holes towards the sling swivels and am now going to cut the stitching on the center piece and move one of the buckles closer to the other buckle, shortening it by about 6 inches.
The cinch ends were 1-1/2 inches and so I trimmed 1/8th of an inch from each end piece that fits through the swivels, bringing those two pieces down to 1-1/4 of an inch.
I thinking it will make for a might fine sling, and it is something that cost Me $2.00 from a rummage sale, it has been layiung around for a couple of years and heck, I do`nt even own a horse any more. :whip: :busted: :rotfl:

Weather here is absolutely wunnerfull, clear skies, not too warm { YET } and the wind is not even blowing. { YET }
Waiting around, see if I get any phone calls on four vinyl, horizontal windows, that I had advertised on milescity.com classifieds and also on milescityvirtualmarketplace.com and on the radio this morning toooh.
Also advertised a pickup box trailer, made from a 67 to 72 3/4 ton Chevy with leaf springs, 2" ball hitch and a flip down cranking jack, along with a receiver leg for the back end, so when the trailer is not in use, the leg can be installed on the back and dropped down and adjusted, so the trailer can not tip if someone puts a foot or tries resting behind the wheels wells. Advertised the windows for 300 bucks and the trailer for 350, might be priced too high to sellum, but, that is OK, I am not desperate either. { YET } :busted: :cheers: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Have some dealings to take care of today, another fellr has a several rifles and a couple of pistols He is wanting to sell a couple of those. I know one is a colt M1911 in not so good of a condition and a couple of .22 rifles, He said He would sell two, I guess it is My choice of which ones I want. I hope I have enough dollars in Mine wallettt to handle it. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 9 months ago #40890

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

Marty, I think you got a heck of a deal. I like the fact it's collapsible and can be used just about anywhere.

We've got some really heavy storms coming in tonight and tomorrow. Thunder, lightening, possible hail over night....

Rock & Roll gentleman!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51
9 years 9 months ago #40891

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

A good deal on that bench Marty!
9 years 9 months ago #40894

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

:pray: You did`nt get hail, at least anything damaging.

Seems to be like another very nice day here, skys is clear and the doves is a woooo~hoooo~ing. :rotfl: Fed the cats and snuck out to the garage before they realized I was going. I`ll have to go in and get Me a cup~O~Coffee and then thay`ll all three ofum have to come out with Me.
Tubby`s getting too big to pack in with any of the other two, so it takes two trips to getumall. :busted: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: He comes in at barely under twelve pounds at about eleven months old, the size of His paws tells Me He might have some more growing to still doo. :rotfl: His sister was in the high nine pounds last time We had them to the vets.
I thinking the weather guessers said the temps would be in the mid to high eighties today, yesterdays high was in the low eighties, cooler side of the sixties last night.
9 years 9 months ago #40903

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

How is the weather here today, well click here and see what I am doing TODAY!

www.17oaks.com/1-foto/home-remod/bean-me-up.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51, NightForce
9 years 9 months ago #40909

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

Hey Cowboy,

Work seems to be progressing and all good things take time....

Thank you for the photos / update..... :thumbs:
9 years 9 months ago #40913

• Thank you received: 22

Replied by MTM on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

Well, it's raining here, again, in NE Florida and it's really starting to irk me. I get home from work mid-afternoon today. The neighbor is out in his most beautiful yard of near perfect St Augustine grass. I say near perfect because he's clipping individual blades of grass that are taller than the rest. I'm checking the mailbox and he's giving me the stink eye because my yard is an over-grown hot mess. Why? Because it rains almost every day right after I get home. I won't cut the weeds while wet or storming, hoping for a dry day the next day. So, I go inside and get greeted by the three kids (dogs): Kel-Tek, Kabar, and Magnum. Now they're giving me the stink eye. Why? Because it's raining and they can't /won't go out. Next, the missus comes home. Expecting a hug I stand ready. Instead, I get the stink eye. Why? Because it's her job to. I'm going into the garage....... :S
9 years 9 months ago #40914

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Good one MTM, yeah, Seems to be the same in most places, I getum stinking eye from the city every now and then, They say I have tooo many vehicles in Mine yard, I say kowbung on Yuh, My yard, My taxes and, get this, I can not even build a small shed to put My stuff into, I`m officially in a river channel and I can not do any building of any sorts, THEY { the gubment } dont want a shed from My propity slamming into someone elses house and knockingk it off a duh foundation. :busted: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

OH yeah:
Cowboy, did that beam have a crown in it ? ? ? if so, You want to be sure and have the crown upwards, that`ll help to support the load in the middle of it.
I betting that You already knew that though. :busted: :cheers:
9 years 9 months ago #40916

:whip: :whip: :whip: Wifeys burfday today. She wants that I should take Her out to supper for Her burfday present. :whip: :whip: :whip: I`d as soon be trompled by a herd a buffalows than go out fur supper. :whip: :whip: :whip:
Welp, here goes, My semi every four years shower and a shave. :whip: :whip: :whip:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
9 years 9 months ago #40918

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

Amazing, over 150 years old, Hickory, originally 37 feet long, straight as an arrow...

Standing in the front door, this is the view

This image is hidden for guests.

View from office into kicthen front entryway

Note how we buried the HVAC vent, near perfect fit to rafters, so starting at 8am till 6 pm, ME and 1 other guy my contractor installed and fitted the beam. One hellva job

9 years 9 months ago #40919

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!