Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

Weather is fantastic, it will be even better when all of these peoples is loaded up and out of here.
Does`nt seem like Wednesday will ever get here.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 10 months ago #39421

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

Another day closer Marty! :dance:

Rain here in east central Mississippi again. :pinch: If this doesn't end soon I'll still be here in the fall! I enjoy the people here and the range is great but I'm ready for a new jobsite location, walking in the mud everywhere I go is getting old real fast!
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 10 months ago #39492

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

Sunny and warm here with highs in the mid 70's today...I may have to mow the front lawn today then possibly swing by my local gun shop to see what cookin! :thumbs:
9 years 10 months ago #39493

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

I feel for You J.T; Rain is good, but, when it is day after day, not so good.
Where are You looking to settle ???
Probably somewhere where it does`nt rain so much. :cheers:
Mowins OK but gun-store`s better. :busted: :rotfl:

Another mighty fine day here. weather wise it is going to be another sunny and cool day, mid seventies is forecasted. :twothumbs:
Yesterday afternoon when I was leaving My sisters, about four miles out, Watching a Spray-Coup with the radial engine, the sound, I love that sound and watching the pilot dive out of sight, dropping onto the field for the run, then all of a sudden, there it is, very close, climbing to clear the old highway ten, over the telephone and power wires, not much above the heighth of the barn, climbing and circling at the same time, coming back around for another run, about a hundred feet off the ground and about two hundred to My left, bright yellow single wing aircraft, and that sound. I love it.
My house sets just below one of the main runways of the local airport, it being across the river and on top of the cliffs. Whenever there is a fire and they bring in the single engine, single wing tankers, it is such a sight, watching them going and coming back in, like a steady stream of sky-ants, forth and back they come and go, but still the most impressive thing about it is, the sound of those radial engines, the sound of true and real power is unbeatable to anything else a person may hear. At the end of the day they all return in formation, over the house then dropping onto the runway, one right behind the other. I wonder what it was like during WWII, if a personlived next to an airfield where the radial engined aircraft was going and coming constantly. guess a person would have tired of it after a while huh.
It would be a most excellent experience "IF" there were two seats in one of those spray coups, an experience of a life-time would be able to go for a ride in one of those while they are making their maneuvers in the sky.
Today and one more then the in-laws`ll be gone, the cousins left yesterday, then, back to tranquility and peace, except for the fore-casted thunderstorm and rain.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by MrMarty51.
9 years 10 months ago #39495

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

It is really nice here in N Wisconsin, but the mosqutos are brutal. Fishing has been great, according to my friends. I ruptured an L5 disk so I haven't had a chance to do much. Find out today or tomorrow how bad, I think its bad.As much as I love it here We have decided, due to taxes and age, to move. This disk is telling me I can't cut and haul fifteen cords of wood a year for heat anymore.And my taxes would shock you. So, time to move on. Fortunately we have a plan. It will be tough though, I will never have a place like this again, with the access to the great outdoors literally out my front door. Glad everyone is having a good summer.
9 years 10 months ago #39500

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

So sorry to hear of your back. I just back from a mini HS reunion, it was all folks I knew and remembered. WOW, was I stunned. My wife was drop jawed. We are all almost 70 and even I noticed I looked 20 yrs younger, was not using a cane, was not bent over as I walked and did not have a pill box the size of a suitcase. Most of them were football or basketball players back in HS where I was the tall skinny (was 119 lbs went I went in the Army age 19). It was ver sad to me to see all my friends like that.

Not sure what you are looking for but low taxes and outdoors can be found in a lot of places. Tex, Ark just to name a couple. Let know your thinking. I have been to every state in the US, most I have spent time in on business. I have also driven thru almost every state in the US (always my choice to drive rather than fly)
9 years 10 months ago #39502

Thanks Cowboy appreciate it. I will PM you down the line. We are probably going to do the snowbird thing, and see if we like it. At least until our son finishes school. We have a second place outside Minneapolis which is nice in the summer, and is pretty close to his college. The wife doesn't want to get too far away from him yet. Texas or Arkansas in the winter sounds pretty decent. Have to see how it shakes out.
Yeah I see it in my friends and myself. A bunch of my college friends get together for an "Organ Recital" once every two months, as in reciting how many organs they have had removed. It is more a joke than anything else, but it hits home. There are days I feel every football, basketball, and martial arts injury I sustained in my youth. Well it beats the alternative.
The thing I will like the least about moving is it will be tougher to find a place to shoot. Now most the time I have the range to myself.
9 years 10 months ago #39503

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

I see a lot of people make mistakes in retirement. Wife and I certainly did. We sold our company bought a motorhome and was going to full time across the US. BONK, not happen...I got sick and had to be back in Dallas one week a month for treatments, that lasted little over a year. So we could not go as far before we turned to go back. Oh we still drove well over 12,000 miles over a few months but it took its toll on me. Then there was the lifestyle. NOT our cup of tea...neither of us drink or smoke and that is a big part of the full time crowd no matter where you go. Pull up chair about 5 pm, talk, drink, smoke, pass out, drag to bed start over again the next day.
9 years 10 months ago #39504

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Weather in Your Area & General Conversation Thread

I'm as settled as I care to be. Iowa is home but I really never intend to retire anywhere. I plan for it financial wise but I'm going to work as long as I possibly can. retirement is a modern concept that just hasn't proven itself out as a benefit to society. If it doesn't lead to the advancement of society then history shows it will go away :soapbox: :twocents:
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by jtallen83.
9 years 10 months ago #39505

Good point JT, I am employed almost full time now, I am just not paid for it! My involvement with the different Great lakes organizations leaves me filling me more fulfilled than my job did.
Just got the news on my back. Severe stenosis of the L4 and L5, and Severe pressure on the ganglia leading to the right leg. Surgery is probable sooner than later.
Cowboy, I cannot picture you sitting on your duff smoking and drinking in retirement. I am guessing you find a lot to get involved in now without really trying.
9 years 10 months ago #39508

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!