Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

The president's speech on the Trayvon case...

• Sharkey
  • Sharkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Life Member
  • Life Member
  • Playgirl's Center-fold of the Century
  • Thank you received: 175

The president's speech on the Trayvon case... was created by Sharkey

absolutely unbelievable.

If you haven't seen or heard it. Find it and watch it.

My wife and I were just completely stunned by the stuff that guy says....

Unbelievable....

Want a racially split and ripped apart country? Let him keep making speeches...
10 years 9 months ago #27098

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sharkey
  • Sharkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Life Member
  • Life Member
  • Playgirl's Center-fold of the Century
  • Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic The president's speech on the Trayvon case...

Youtube only has a part of this so I found a link that'll give you most of it.

Give this a listen guys. It's just absolutely incredible what comes out of his mouth.

news.yahoo.com/-obama--trayvon-martin-%E...0%99--180734663.html
10 years 9 months ago #27099

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic The president's speech on the Trayvon case...

And this from "Americas first post racial president"? :rotfl:
Absolutely intellectually corrupt! It would seem the purpose is to inflame and incite more violence, and I thought the idea that he would somehow he would declare martial law was only for "conspiracy nuts".
Congress needs to do their job and get a leash on this guy and his helpers fast!
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 9 months ago #27100

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic The president's speech on the Trayvon case...

And if anyone talks honestly about the demographics of murder in this country, and what groups commit the most according to government statistics, they are immediately labeled a "racist". I have come to the conclusion, this country will never have the courage to honestly face up to its problems, because it is easier to make a huge case out of a single sad situation in Florida to take our minds off the real problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 9 months ago #27104

:I-agree:

Just like the gun control issue, those with the most control have the most violence. If you push this truth you are labeled a "gun nut".
The ones doing the most complaining about "labels" are the ones doing the labeling.
They have twisted the purpose of government from treating everyone equal to MAKING everyone equal.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 9 months ago #27106

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic The president's speech on the Trayvon case...

I'll just have to take your word for it. I have a blood pressure enragement issue when that moron speaks about anything.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 10-76
10 years 9 months ago #27108

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic The president's speech on the Trayvon case...

Well I watched the video twice and read the transcript. I see no attempt to drive people apart. I do see a president with personal history trying to convey a complicated message which he could have done better with a speech writer. The message is clear, there is racism in the world its not something that can be stamped out by the government, we need people to reach out to one another to try to solve there problems locally. He understands both sides. Its easy to say and hard to hear and understand. Heres a analogy from my past, while in college I lived with 3 other people in a large house, one evening the other huy that lived in the house came roaring out of the kitchen exclaiming " who the fuck drank the last milk and didn't buy anymore" "you have to be a idiot not to tell someone to go by more". What we had hear was a difference of based on Maslows Hierarchy of needs. He was a rich kid and all he ever had to do was tell the butler hey we need more milk. The person who drank all the milk and didn't buy more was a poor kid that considered it a treat just to have milk in the fridge and when its gone you didn't buy more til payday. Well it almost went nuclear til I pointed these disparities out. The point of the story is it is often difficult to understand another's ideas,complaints without first opening up and realizing you are way different than each other and this will make communication difficult. I believe Obama was doing that and nothing else, I have a real hard time finding anything that would be considered inflammatory in the transcripts. Now go ahead and ream me a new one, but consider this, all that I stand for is equality and liberty. Beyond that I really don't take sides I just call like I sees em. Wouldn't you want me defending you and your ideas the same. Wow that was really way more than I wanted, have a good night
10 years 9 months ago #27109

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic The president's speech on the Trayvon case...

Good post Lib. Nobody is going to ream you a new on for it. I'm not going to watch or read it so I'll just have to take your position into consideration like everyone else. What I think is the big issue here is that this is not a matter that the president should be speaking on in the first place. Obama's involvement is what carried this case this far and had he not, it would have never gone to court.

There is an agenda in the presidents involvement that I can not ignore. While you may not see these issues with what was said, you are also looking at it objectively and intelligently and taking time to consider all sides. There are masses out there however that will not think that far into it, and I think we can agree that is the real problem.

I still can't stand to hear the man speak, nor trust what he says, so it's all stick my fingers in my ears and LALALALA as far as I'm concerned.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
10 years 9 months ago #27112

What I got was a president that was only giving one viewpoint. Sure he was trying to reach out to everyone but given his prior statements on the event he should have known better and followed his own thoughts, law enforcement is a state issue, and stayed out of it. He should have known what he said would be divisive to some and just said nothing, he is president of the USA not the NAACP. You can't just look at this speech alone you have to take it in context with his prior statements.
He is a very POOR leader if you can even use the term leader when speaking of him.
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by jtallen83.
10 years 9 months ago #27115

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic The president's speech on the Trayvon case...

Lib you are right, racism still exists, no doubt about it. A big part of the issue though, is the minority community, in this case the black community, tolerates behavior among its members that does not help its cause in removing that as an issue. Is racism wrong? Definitely! Is glorifying "Gangsta" lifestyle and behavior in common culture, and tolerating that sort of behavior in the community wrong as well? Yes! What I am saying is it is time to put all the cards on the table as to what is causing these issues, and not yell "racist!" If a comment is accurate. The white community has to get their house in order as well, as far as underlying racial attitudes. Personally I give myself permission to discriminate against lazy freeloaders and criminals of all races, and to encourage compassion, and strong personal ethics in people of all races. It is not about skin color, it is about destructive behavior in individuals and groups as far as I am concerned.
Addendum: The flip side of that coin I have issues with as well. In this area we have had a history of mining companies coming in and sulfite mining, taking the profits, dissolving the front corporation, and leaving the surrounding communities dealing with high cancer rates, poisoned groundwater, and huge reclamation costs. These people are common criminals as well. And the fact that they are shielded because of huge political contributions is a criminal issue just as much as what I discussed above.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Siscowet.
10 years 9 months ago #27117

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!