Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Bushmaster BAR-10

• Thank you received: 0

Bushmaster BAR-10 was created by Eagle15

Anyone here own one of these?

I have read good and bad about them. Also there were less than 2000 made, bolts were bad, OK after replacement, a lot of people don't like the use of FN FAL mags, etc...

What I would like to know is; does anyone here have one and how they like it. What problems they've had and what corretive action was taken.

I bought one recently, used, bolt already replaced. Shoots well for me, runs like a champ, pretty darn accurate (more accurate than I am), not much recoil. Overall I like it.

Thank you,

Eagle15
13 years 8 months ago #5100

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Edge on topic Re:Bushmaster BAR-10

I think that most of the bad things you've heard about these rifles has been highly exagerated. Most of the time I've heard nothing but good. The thing I didn't like about them was the ball detent for the charge handle and the price of the rifle. Other than that, the FAL magazines are great, and they shoot very well!
13 years 8 months ago #5116

Replied by daveinsvaz on topic Re:Bushmaster BAR-10

Mine works well, no problems. No problems with the original bolt. Have fired federal 168, US and foreign military surplus. I pull the trigger and it fires, no problems.
Would make my DPMS feed with the FAL mags if I could.
13 years 7 months ago #5262

Replied by Eagle15 on topic Re:Bushmaster BAR-10

I believe that the bad press is hype also. I bought mine and have shot it quite a bit. It is very accurate and a pleasure to shoot.
You are right the FAL mags are a bonus, but the prices on mags is going up. I would like to buy another, but they are hard to find. I guess the RRA LAR-8 will be my next AR purchase.

My rifle has the ACE stock on it and I really like it, the LAR-8s have a different stock, a VLTOR I believe, it looks good, but I'm not sure if I would like it as well as the ACE.
13 years 7 months ago #5283

• Thank you received: 153

Replied by mrraley on topic Re:Bushmaster BAR-10

The early Bushmaster 308 rifles were originaly designed by rra.

Bushmaster was having to many problems with feeding and the functioning that they decided to drop the line and gave it back to rra. You will find some that they took more time with to get to work properly, but it was more work than they wanted to put into them.

The newer line of 308's Bushmaster has is backed by DPMS. Just like the Remington R25 is also made by DPMS and the Remington R15 is made by Bushmaster.

Cerberus Capital Management...
Firearms - Acquired Bushmaster Firearms, Inc., from Windham, Maine native Dick Dyke for an undisclosed sum in April 2006, and purchased Remington Arms in April 2007. Under Cerberus direction, Bushmaster Firearms acquired Cobb Manufacturing, a well-respected manufacturer of large-caliber tactical rifles in August 2007. Cerberus also acquired DPMS Panther Arms December 14, 2007.[26][27] Remington Arms acquired Marlin Firearms in January 2008.[28][29] In October 2009, Remington Military products acquired silencer manufacturer Advanced Armament Corporation.[30] These companies were combined into the Freedom Group.
"Attack the issue NOT the individual"

“Fix the problem, DON’T affix the blame”

"Prosecute the position, NOT the person"
13 years 7 months ago #5301

Replied by SplineSpider on topic Re:Bushmaster BAR-10

Hello all this is my first post.

I recently purchased mine used through a local gun dealer. It is like brand new. I had been looking to purchase an AR-Type .308 for a while and had just about settled on the RRA due to some of the features.

This one was still in the Bushmaster black plastic hard case it had had the trigger replaced as well as the bolt. It had a Professionally applied grasslands camo applied over the whole gun except for the flash hider. I haven't been able to find another example of this in .308 anywhere. It came with 10 FAL mags in the case sling etc... It had flip-up iron sites (not sure what brand) added as well as the scope risers on it. Ambi fire controls etc...

I have been looking for info about the Busmaster .308 but there is not too much out there. This form has more than most of the PAID ad sites that write articles about this stuff.
13 years 6 months ago #5425

Replied by mtrmn on topic Re:Bushmaster BAR-10

Love mine-20" A2 w/ace stock. Very accurate (see attached pic) and this group was shot with just run of the mill FMJ's from Widener's. I haven't tried the match bullets yet. It has been very reliable as well.
I DON'T like the charging handle detent (comes open sometimes during firing) and the ambi mag release is very hard to press far enough to actually release the mag. I took that apart and tried to polish the surfaces and lubed with moly grease, but it didn't improve.
13 years 6 months ago #5471

Replied by mtrmn on topic Re:Bushmaster BAR-10

guess I don't have sense enough to attach pics. :S
13 years 6 months ago #5472

Replied by jusrace on topic Re:Bushmaster BAR-10

I own one and love it. Shoots great and no problems here.
13 years 1 month ago #6691

Replied by mananto on topic Re:Bushmaster BAR-10

I have one and works great for me, no issues, fires great, both factory, (all brands) and NATO. Just started to reload, and looking for a good load. Does any one have any recommendations
12 years 5 months ago #9123

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!