Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Bushmaster BAR-10

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by SplineSpider on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

Not yet. Still waiting on RRA. I have checked back with them. They still have my order (and my money). In the mean time I have been playing with my HK91 clones. Shouldn't be long now. I am anxious to get it running again. I think my next one will be a Rock River Arms .308 but not until they get caught up. I don't like loaning them operating expense funds while I wait for the product. Coyotes and Hogs may take over the world before I get my toys.
11 years 9 months ago #11836

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by mtrmn on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

Back in 08-09 I waited about 6 months for 3 AR15 kits from Delton, so I kinda know how you feel.
11 years 9 months ago #11838

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by SplineSpider on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

Oh well, Its a great rifle and worth the wait. I am sure I will end up with another RRA LAR8 of some config.

Do you ever run the Crappy steel cased polymer coated corrosive stuff through yours? after shooting some cheap crap through my 5.56/.223 and breaking an extractor I won't run any of that russian crap through my weapons.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by SplineSpider.
11 years 9 months ago #11840

99% of my shooting is with my reloads. I have some Brown Bear 145gr FMJ that my rifle seems to like OK, but I only use it for fouling shots and heating up my barrel before I shoot for groups with my reloads. Been so hot lately I can't find any enjoyment at my shooting range, so I haven't shot in about a month.
11 years 9 months ago #11845

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by ZEEK62 on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

HI I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU DONT USE BEAR AMMO ITS THE WORST AMMO ON THE MARKET
USE FEDERAL ITS ALOT BETTER MATCH GRADE BULLETS FOR A 308 ARE ONLY 18.00 DOLLARS A BOX USE SERRIA GOLD METAL MATCH GRADE BULLETS YOU WILL HAVE MORE FUN AT THE RANGE NO FOULING. SKIP

ZEEK62@AOL.COM
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtrmn
11 years 9 months ago #11847

Thanks and welcome to the Forum!!
11 years 9 months ago #11849

Replied by Levijean2486 on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

I just got a bushmaster 308 ar and i think it's a bar 10. I called bushmaster and gave them my serial number and they said is was the model that was discontinued back in 05. I wanted to know if rra barrels or upper half could be used to replace mine? I want to upgrade to a 20" rifle and add a quad rail.
11 years 9 months ago #11907

Yes-far as I can tell, all RRA LAR8 parts will fit the BAR10. You will need to buy a complete bolt carrier group with the upper.
11 years 9 months ago #11908

Replied by Levijean2486 on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

Thank you! I really want to just switch out my barrel so i can have 20" and add a free float quad rail. Also which barrel do you prefer the stainless steel or the chrome moly? Or what is this difference in the two besides price?
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Levijean2486.
11 years 9 months ago #11910

If you put a new barrel on your existing upper be aware that RRA has a unique barrel nut with different threads. Be sure and get a new nut with the barrel, and it takes a different wrench as well. I don't know what the difference is. Also there are not very many handguards that fit RRA, but some companies will provide adapters.
I don't know if stainless barrels are more accurate or what, but they don't require as much maintenance.
Read back through this thread and you'll find a lot of good info scattered throughout. Be aware the early bolts were prone to breakage-if you have to replace it, you will have to buy the entire bolt carrier group.
11 years 9 months ago #11913

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!