Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Bushmaster BAR-10

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by mtrmn on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

So, I guess they are out of BCG's for RRA's as well? It's my understanding that the same BCG fits both the old BM's and present RRA's. :huh:
12 years 1 month ago #10931

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I guess the pre/post election panic will be worse than 2008-09 :angry:
Just as well join the crowd and stock up or face the reality of having to do without til this time next year or so. :S
Found this on RRA's website:

"Special note regarding the current surge in order volume:
Rock River Arms and our vendors/suppliers are doing everything we can to ramp up production to meet the heavy order volume we are currently experiencing. As that process continues, however, our first priority for available parts and components must be the production of rifles and complete upper halves. As a result, many parts and assemblies are now on INDEFINITE BACKORDER, and can only be shipped as they become available, and as rifle/upper half production allows. These parts include: RRA Stripped Lower Receivers and Complete Lower Halves across all calibers, all RRA Two Stage Trigger Kits, Stripped and Complete A4 Upper Receivers, Bolts, Bolt Assemblies, Bolt Carriers, Complete Bolt Carrier Groups and .458 SOCOM Bolt Assemblies. The availability of many other parts and assemblies is also affected, and additional backorders can and will occur. We thank you for your understanding, and we encourage you to check back here for the latest lead time information.

NOTE: The heavy order volume we are currently experiencing makes it increasingly difficult to make accurate predictions of delivery. The information below reflects our best current estimates, however actual delivery times may vary based on deliveries from our suppliers and vendors, ongoing order volume, and the specific model / configuration that is ordered. We appreciate your understanding.

Please allow approximately 60-90 days delivery for LAR-15 Operator2 Series rifles and most other LAR-15 rifles, pistols, kits and upper halves. Please allow approximately 60-90 days delivery for .204 Ruger upper halves. Please allow approximately 60-90 days delivery for most LAR-9 rifles, pistols and upper halves. Please allow approximately 60-90 days delivery for standard configuration LAR-8 models. Please allow approximately 60-90 days delivery for most LAR-458 and LAR-6.8 rifles and upper halves. Please allow approximately 30 days delivery for LAR-PDS Carbines and approximately 60-90 days delivery for LAR-PDS Pistols. In stock parts and accessories will ship separately from rifles and upper halves unless otherwise specified, and should ship within 7-10 business days."
12 years 1 month ago #10933

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by SplineSpider on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

Wow!, Thanks for the info. I hadn't caught that on the site. I guess I will be waiting 2-3 months for a complete Carrier Group for my BAR-10. Oh well, at least it will be here in time for Deer Season. Thank the good and merciful Lord above it's no my only .308 hehehe
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by SplineSpider.
12 years 1 month ago #10934

Let me know when you get it.
12 years 1 month ago #10935

Replied by SplineSpider on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

Will do. Along with lots of Photos.
12 years 1 month ago #10939

Replied by pestarman on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

I just picked up a used bushmaster bar-10 with a serial number 000127, It's stamped Bushmaster Firearms Inc Windham,Maine.Can anyone tell me anything about this gun?
12 years 1 day ago #11347

Read this thread and you'll learn a lot about them. They are good guns, but the bolt seems to be a weakness. Mine is very accurate and so far reliable. There are pics of mine in this thread. Rock River now owns the design and sells them under the LAR8 designation, with improvements. With that serial number, you must have one of the earliest ones.

Edit to add: Go here and you can download the owner's manual--it's the first one at the top of the list.
www.bushmaster.com/manuals.asp
The following user(s) said Thank You: pestarman
Last edit: 12 years 1 day ago by mtrmn. Reason: more info
12 years 1 day ago #11348

Replied by mananto on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

I bought my Bushmaster A2, .308 in 2006. I have not had any problems with it at all, except that I had to replace the gas rings on the bolt last year. Ordered the part from Bushmaster direct and they sent it to me and had a gun smith place the. Besides this - this is an awesome weapon, very accurate especially with my reloads. Use it for target and hunting.
11 years 11 months ago #11370

Mine's an A2 as well. I'd rather it be a flattop, but the handle's not TOO much a PITA and it has backup irons built in if my optic goes bad. I need to get some polymer mags from RRA, but got more important expenses at the moment.
11 years 9 months ago #11834

Been a while and I see no updates--ever get a bolt carrier group Spline?
11 years 9 months ago #11835

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!