Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Bushmaster BAR-10

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by mtrmn on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

WHY SOITENLY!!!

I have the YHM Phantom 7.62 QD Titanium. The cheapest titanium 762 suppressor on the market I could find. Simple design that works extremely well and built solid. The titanium is worth the extra money. It weighs like 15 oz and the stainless version is like 31 oz (almost 2 lbs!)You can get them for less than the suggested retail if you look around and can get your dealer to accept the transfer for a reasonable amount. Remember he's got to make money too or you won't have a dealer long. I can use it on all my AR's with adapters and it does fine. All the talk from the purists about reduced effectiveness on a smaller caliber is of no effect if you are using supersonic ammo. The supersonic crack of full power ammo will more than cover up any tiny difference the over-bore makes. Subs are fun to play with and are stupid quiet, but I have no use for them in the real world other than maybe pest elimination.

12 years 3 months ago #9951

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info...4_18&products_id=306

Here's a link
The QD is the way to go so it can easily be swapped from gun to gun. That way you only need 1 expensive suppressor for all your ARs 7.62 and below.
The suppressor will come with 1 adapter---you will need 5/8 X 24 on the BAR10.
For other 556 ARs you will need 1/2 X 28 thread. The 556 adapters will accept both 556 and 762 suppressors, but the 762 adapter will only take the 762 suppressor to keep you from blowing a 556 suppressor up with larger caliber bullets.
Out in the open it will be what I consider "hearing safe" with full power 308/556 ammo. By far the majority of the noise will be the crack of the bullet breaking the sound barrier which is just about the same as shooting high velocity 22LR out of an unsuppressed rifle.
Wish I could have afforded one 30 yrs ago. I shoot a lot more now that I know in my mind I'm not disturbing the neighbors so much. I'm sure they grew weary of me burning through 200 reloads in a day's time.
12 years 3 months ago #9952

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Eagle15 on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

Great info, thank you!

I have a great class III FFL here close by, just a little shy of $800 for a YHM or Gemtech + tax stamp. When the local range is open he is usually there after church on Sundays and will allow people to try his weapons with suppressors and without so you can see the difference. He runs som FA weapons as well.

After the new BCG a suppressor is next, I think I'll go the smae route you did, a .308 can amd multiple adapters with the QD.

Thank you for some great info!
12 years 3 months ago #9956

Replied by daveinsvaz on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

Looks like Bushmaster might be comming back! Just got an email with this info in it...
Dave
Sierra Vista, AZ

"My current issue of SAM, "Sportsman's Alliance of Maine", has an article about the opening of Windham Weaponry.
Dick Dyke, former owner of Bushmaster Arms, and some investors opened the new business after BushMaster left the state and relocated to Remington in New York State. The new plant will continue to specialize in AR-15 and M-4 platforms.
It looks like they also have a lifetime warranty that is transferable. It is limited though, normal wear and tear, and customizations think void the warranty.

I travel up through Windham, ME every year, and will be again in November.

Here's their new site if you want to check it out. Not sure about how their pricing is though as compared to others.

Welcome to Windham Weaponry, Inc."
12 years 3 months ago #9958

Replied by EBR762 on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

I just wanted to say thank you to you guys for keeping up with the communication about the broken bolt issue and letting others know where a replacement part can be bought for an out of production rifle.

I also own a Bushmaster BAR 10. I bought it new in late 2004. Mine is a 20” flat top with the Picatinny Gas block. I have a Yankee Hill detachable front sight on it. I also have a RRA tactical carry handle for a red dot and I have a Leupold 3-9 power Mark AR scope for it that I just mount to the flat top. I used Dura Coat to paint the furniture on it Brown. Just something different and I always loved the Sudanese furniture on the ArmaLite AR10.

I have enjoyed this rifle, but lately I have wondered what I would do if I had problems with the bolt. I felt this would be tragic. However, you guys put my mind to rest. When I get some extra cash, I am going to get a RRA BCG for it just to have as a spare part.

Again, Thank You.

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by EBR762.
12 years 3 months ago #9962

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

sweet looking rifle, I like the handguards. I wish mine was a flattop, but buying used you can't be too particular. I know now if I get the urge and a lot of money a RRA upper will fit.

I also forgot to include that I determined long ago that the fire control group on the Bushmaster is all standard AR15 parts. I recently put a RRA 2=stage trigger in mine and like it waaaay better than the old single stage.
12 years 3 months ago #9978

Replied by Eagle15 on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

Is that a MOE front hand guard? Very nice looking rifle and very different. I like it!
12 years 3 months ago #9979

Thank you, mtrmn.

This rifle has looked different in the past, and has gone through many changes over the years until I finally figured out what I wanted it to look like.

I am with you. When you buy used, sometimes the options are limited. Been there done that.

Before I bought this rifle, I did a lot of research of what brand I wanted to purchase. It took me about 4 months to finally figure out, I wanted to buy an ArmaLite AR 10.

Then I walked into the Gun Shop that I normally shop at and I saw this rifle on the rack. I think the BAR 10’s just hit the market. I just had to have it. It took me almost a year before I figured out what sights I wanted to put on it. Then I changed them out a few times. I think I am happy with what I have now, thanks to RRA. The RRA 2 stage trigger is next. :)

My serial number is 0002XX
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by EBR762. Reason: spelling
12 years 3 months ago #9980

Yes, the Handguards are the MOE. I like them so much, I put them on all my AR’s. I think they bring the AR rifles up to date.

I bought black MOE’s and just painted them with Dura Coat to get the color I wanted. I bought a container of Desert Mirage and Matte Black. I added two full pipettes of Matte Black to my cup of Desert Mirage and it worked out perfect for me.
12 years 3 months ago #9981

Replied by SplineSpider on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

FINALLY. I just go around to ordering my BAR-10 Replacement Complete Carrier Group from Rock River. They had to know if it was a newer Bushmaster or one of the older ones. I told them older and they said 2 bad words. "Back Order" no estimate on when one will be in. waiting...........
12 years 1 month ago #10930

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!