Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Bushmaster BAR-10

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by SplineSpider on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

Not a problem at all, I have seen the same thing across many industries. I have worked in advertising for more than 20 years. Advertising for manufacturers in lots of different industries. I have seen the same thing going on nation wide. It is a shame we are loosing such important knowledge across all industries as our political class help ship all of our manufacturing over seas. Now I am ranting. LOL. I emailed everyone I could get an email address for at Bushmaster just hoping to elicit a response of some kind. I will report what response I get back. by the way I included a link to this thread for customer service to take a look at. I wish I had some links for their marketing and public relations group.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by SplineSpider. Reason: Poor grammar
12 years 3 months ago #9687

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle15 on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

Here is the reply I received from the RRA dealer on AR15.com $206.00 is not too bad. A little cheaper than RRA direct I think:

Yes I can get them. Just got off the phone with rock river and they said they had a few in stock. Would need funds up front before ordering it is not a item I stock.

206.00 shipped plus tax if you live in Ohio

Thanks
Brian
419-513-1030

---- Charles Richardson <eagle15@mchsi.com> wrote:
> Brian,
>
>
>
> Can you get LAR 8 BCGs? I have an old Bushmaster BAR 10 and I understand
> that a LAR 8 BCG will work as a replacement.
>
>
>
> Can't use the bolt only, have to have the complete BCG.
>
>
>
> Thank you,
>
>
>
> Chuck
12 years 3 months ago #9688

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by mtrmn on topic Re: Bushmaster BAR-10

Hey, thanks for that info. Every dime I can save is one I can use on ammo, know what I mean? I'll give him a call tomorrow since it's getting late today.

I can't post on AR15.com because they wouldn't accept my Yahoo address and I just refused to go to all the trouble of setting up a drone email address.

How did your BCG work out? Any quirks or did you have to make any mods to get it to work? Function OK?
12 years 3 months ago #9689

I haven't ordered it yet, I need to get it on order pretty soon though. I have to wait another couple of paydays, Christmas put a dent in my spending. It was a good Christmas though and my family was very happy.
12 years 3 months ago #9708

Ok, looks like I'll be the guinea pig of the group. If RRA doesn't answer my email today or tomorrow at the latest, I'm going to get a BCG coming to the house so it will be there when I get off work. I already got GO/NOGO headspace guages headed that way from Brownells. If I survive the live-fire testing, :pinch: I'll let y'all know how it goes.
12 years 3 months ago #9709

I guess you will be. I am a contractor and in between contracts. I have to wait to get my next gig off and running before I can pull the trigger on a new BCG. probably another week before I can order one. :whistle:

I grew up in a machine shop making missile components and F18 parts etc... and I would take mine to a gunsmith to set my headspace. Only because I am not setup to check it or adjust it properly at home anymore.

If you are going to do it yourself takes lots of pictures so I can see how you did it. If you live, (We're all cheering for you) I will try it at home. LOL
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by SplineSpider.
12 years 3 months ago #9713

I been a mechanic all my life, first in automotive and now oilfield. Gotta go where the money's at.
I will only be CHECKING the headspace, I don't think it's readily adjustable. I've read that it is set by the mfg when the barrel extension is installed. I guess they keep the tolerances real tight on the barrels and extensions, or maybe they machine the fwd side of the locking lugs somehow AFTER the extension is installed. I know that on the AR15 you can take just about any part from one gun and put it in another gun without issue.

BUT, as we all here on this forum are painfully aware, the 308 platform is not a one-size-fits-all system. :( I figured since I'm putting a safety-critical part from one manufacturer into another manufacturer's weapon, it needs to be checked before I pressure it up. If it IS off then that would be over my head and it's then time to find somebody more educated and equipped. Even though that is against all my principles being a mechanic. :laugh:
12 years 3 months ago #9717

OK-got reply from RRA as follows:

My inquiry:
"I have an old Bushmaster BAR10 .308. My bolt broke, so I contacted Bushmaster and they sent me to Rock River. I have read the parts interchangeability notice on the website. But I really need to know if your bolt will work with my carrier or do I need to get the carrier assembly.
Also, will your uppers work on my lower assembly?"

Their answer:
"The bolt will work but you will need to change the entire carrier group since it has been upgraded. Our uppers will go right on their lower receiver."

SO...the order goes out today for a BCG
12 years 3 months ago #9731

Wow, very interesting. Finally some straight answers from someone in Customer Service somewhere. No surprise it was someone at RRA and not Bushmaster. Great to know I can order a Complete Bold Carrier Group and it will go right in. Also very cool to know that a RRA upper will go right onto a older BAR-10 lower. That was surprising information.

Thanks again for sharing info with me. Not much incentive these days to share anything. I plan on ordering a RRA BCG as soon as I can. Very cool stuff. I hope shooters in the future, with Bushmaster BAR-10 .308 rifles, will search and find this thread because there is more info here than anywhere else on the internet about this specific problem. Great work.
12 years 3 months ago #9734

Damn That is great news! Thank you for running that to ground. As soon as I have the cash it's a new RRA BCG for me. Don't forget to have it head spaced though. After all the research and trouble you don't want issues when you get it running again.
12 years 3 months ago #9751

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!